    books on R2 yet.

    Anyone think this is going to seriously hinder my studying, or should I go
    ahead with this book?

    Jarrell, Scott, Aug 28, 2009

  2. Jarrell, Scott

    Chris M Guest

    Jarrell, Scott wrote:
    > I am starting to study for 70-640, but the Microsoft Press doesn't have
    > any books on R2 yet.
    >
    > Anyone think this is going to seriously hinder my studying, or should I
    > go ahead with this book?

    If it's anything like the 2003 exams, Microsoft won't change the study
    material. I think I'm correct in saying that the 2003 training kits and
    exams never covered any R2 specific material (I guess if they did then
    they'd have to do it as a separate exam otherwise the people already
    studying for it would be screwed).

    --
    Chris.

    Chris M, Aug 28, 2009

  3. Jarrell, Scott

    John R Guest

    "Chris M" <> wrote in message
    > Jarrell, Scott wrote:
    >> I am starting to study for 70-640, but the Microsoft Press doesn't have
    >> any books on R2 yet.
    >>
    >> Anyone think this is going to seriously hinder my studying, or should I
    >> go ahead with this book?

    > If it's anything like the 2003 exams, Microsoft won't change the study
    > material. I think I'm correct in saying that the 2003 training kits and
    > exams never covered any R2 specific material (I guess if they did then
    > they'd have to do it as a separate exam otherwise the people already
    > studying for it would be screwed).

    Yea. They remove outdated content from the exam, but they do not add new
    content. At least, that is what they have done in the past.

    John R

    John R, Aug 28, 2009
  4. "Jarrell, Scott" <> wrote in message
    >I am starting to study for 70-640, but the Microsoft Press doesn't have any
    >books on R2 yet.
    >
    > Anyone think this is going to seriously hinder my studying, or should I go
    > ahead with this book?

    The 70-640 does not cover R2 material, and unless you hear an announcement
    from Microsoft Learning that the exams have been rewritten to expressly
    include R2, you can assume they do not.

    To that point, though, unless sitting for the exam is an imminent
    activity -- you should monitor the Microsoft Learning blog for any such
    announcements.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Aug 31, 2009