    If you have already achieved these certifications, what resources were of
    most value to you ????

    Thanks in advance !

    Dave Perske, Apr 4, 2008

  2. "Dave Perske" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I am trying to start down the path of firstly ITP Server Admin and then
    > Enterprise Admin certifications. Have completed the Vista 70-620 Exam
    > recently, as it was the only exam which had matured resources available.
    >
    > Unfortunately, self paced learning kits are not yet available for the 640,
    > 642, 646 exams, though the exams themselves are all now available.
    >
    > If you have already achieved these certifications, what resources were of
    > most value to you ????

    Dave.... Three resources:

    1. The MSPress Intro to Windows Server 2008, which is available as a FREE
    eBook.

    http://switch.atdmt.com/action/mrtp...6b7fae8-f374-4ecb-92b5-dd6f308652c6&lcid=1033

    2. The Windows Server 2008 Technical Library

    http://technet2.microsoft.com/windo...54aa-4cef-9164-139e8bcc44751033.mspx?mfr=true

    3. WEBCASTS... FREE

    http://www.microsoft.com/events/series/windowsserver2008.aspx?tab=overview

    4. There's about 50 hours of Microsoft eLearning courses that are excellent
    prep tools. You'll find them referenced here:

    http://learning.microsoft.com/Manag...8&cats={337eb1e4-98e6-480a-a5fb-8b7b3a282c9c}

    AND, MOST IMPORTANT:
    5. Install the product and play with it!

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 5, 2008

  3. Dave Perske

    Dave Perske Guest

    Hi Lawrence,

    Thanks for the links - really appreciate it.

    Youre right, hands on really helps the learning experience. The books and
    online materials help you figure out what you dont know :)

    All the best and good luck to everyone in their studies

    Cheers
    Dave P

    Dave Perske, Apr 5, 2008
  4. Dave Perske

    Guest

    I passed the 70-649 (upgrade exam which includes credit for the
    70-640, 70-642, and 70-643 exams) and the 70-646 beta exam using the
    following resources:
    Test objectives pages for each of the exams
    this book - Introducing Windows Server 2008 by Mitch Tulloch.
    And Technet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

    However, since the book was based on the beta version of Wndnows
    Server 2008, there are several things that have changed. Still it
    helped me learn what was different and what has changed allowing me to
    pass the appropriate exams.

    If you're a self learner, download a trial edition of Windows Server
    2008.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx

    You can install Server 2008 in a Virtual PC if you have only one
    system to use.

    Install it and for each topic covered on the exam objectives that you
    don't know, dig in. If things don't click for you, you'll be a step
    ahead when books start coming out.

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP..., MCSE, MCSD
    http://mcitpsuccess.com/
    http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)

    On Apr 4, 7:23 am, "Dave Perske" <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I am trying to start down the path of firstly ITP Server Admin and then
    > Enterprise Admin certifications. Have completed the Vista 70-620 Exam
    > recently, as it was the only exam which had matured resources available.
    >
    > Unfortunately, self paced learning kits are not yet available for the 640,
    > 642, 646 exams, though the exams themselves are all now available.
    >
    > If you have already achieved these certifications, what resources were of
    > most value to you ????
    >
    > Thanks in advance !

    , Apr 6, 2008
  5. Dave Perske

    Guest

    Not sure how I missed Lawrence's post, but his answer (as usual) was
    right on target. The free e-book he mentions is the same book by
    Mitch Tulloch that I mentoined.

    On Apr 6, 5:00 pm, wrote:
    > I passed the 70-649 (upgrade exam which includes credit for the
    > 70-640, 70-642, and 70-643 exams) and the 70-646 beta exam using the
    > following resources:
    > Test objectives pages for each of the exams
    > this book -  Introducing Windows Server 2008  by Mitch Tulloch.
    > And Technethttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
    >
    > However, since the book was based on the beta version of Wndnows
    > Server 2008, there are several things that have changed. Still it
    > helped me learn what was different and what has changed allowing me to
    > pass the appropriate exams.
    >
    > If you're a self learner, download a trial edition of Windows Server
    > 2008.http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx
    >
    > You can install Server 2008 in a Virtual PC if you have only one
    > system to use.
    >
    > Install it and for each topic covered on the exam objectives that you
    > don't know, dig in.  If things don't click for you, you'll be a step
    > ahead when books start coming out.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Darril Gibson
    > MCT, MCDBA, MCITP..., MCSE, MCSDhttp://mcitpsuccess.com/http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com
    > Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    > Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
    > Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam
    > Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)
    >
    > On Apr 4, 7:23 am, "Dave Perske" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi everyone,

    > > I am trying to start down the path of firstly ITP Server Admin and then
    > > Enterprise Admin certifications. Have completed the Vista 70-620 Exam
    > > recently, as it was the only exam which had matured resources available.

    > > Unfortunately, self paced learning kits are not yet available for the 640,
    > > 642, 646 exams, though the exams themselves are all now available.

    > > If you have already achieved these certifications, what resources were of
    > > most value to you ????

    > > Thanks in advance !- Hide quoted text -

    , Apr 7, 2008
  6. Dave Perske

    Dude Guest

    I used the "Introducing Windows Server 2008" book from Microsoft Press to
    study. This was for the Beta version of Server 2008 and was the Only book
    available at the time I ordered it. Maybe some better books are available
    now? This book goes into lots of details about Virtulization, but I didn't
    see ANY exam questions about Virtulization. Then I downloaded the free Beta
    version of Server 2008 from the Microsoft website and installed it on my
    laptop. Between the book and the 'live' server to play with, I was able to
    pass the 70-649 exam. 649 is the 2003 MCSE upgrade exam which is equivelant
    to 640, 642 and 643. I don't know if the 646 exam is available yet. I
    recomend using a Beta or Trial version of Server 2008 to study. It will help
    if you have simulation questions when you take the exam.

    Dude, Apr 15, 2008