    Automation Error
    "Library not registered"

    I'm running Vista Business on a Sony Vaio laptop with 2GB memory

    Kneepad, Jun 27, 2009

  2. "Kneepad" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone help with this error message I get when trying to run
    > the 'training kit exam prep program that comes on CD along with the
    > Self paced training kit book.
    >

    > Run-time error '-2147319779 (8002801d)'
    > Automation Error
    > "Library not registered"
    >
    > I'm running Vista Business on a Sony Vaio laptop with 2GB memory

    This is known issue caused by the vsocx6.ocx control not being registered
    properly on newer operating systems.

    Go to SYSTEM32 folder and run this command to fix this issue:

    REGSVR32 VSOCX6.OCX

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jun 27, 2009

  3. Kneepad

    Kneepad Guest

    Thank you sir, you are a star. I had searched but could find
    no reference to this issue, obviously I was not looking in the right
    places. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Program is
    now up and running.

    "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" wrote:

    > "Kneepad" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help with this error message I get when trying to run
    > > the 'training kit exam prep program that comes on CD along with the
    > > Self paced training kit book.
    > >

    > > Run-time error '-2147319779 (8002801d)'
    > > Automation Error
    > > "Library not registered"
    > >
    > > I'm running Vista Business on a Sony Vaio laptop with 2GB memory

    > This is known issue caused by the vsocx6.ocx control not being registered
    > properly on newer operating systems.
    >
    > Go to SYSTEM32 folder and run this command to fix this issue:
    >
    > REGSVR32 VSOCX6.OCX
    >

    > --
    > Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    > http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com