70-622 Study Material

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Mike Russcher, Nov 10, 2008.

  1. I've been using Vista Ultimate in a home environment since its release and
    been using Vista Business at work where I am the system administrator for
    the past few months. No other Vista machines are on our network so I'm
    basically preparing for our first large batch of Vista PCs to come in while
    studying these certifications.

    I passed the 70-620 test with a score of somewhere around 850 but the test
    did have me nervous at first since I thought that it would be easier. I
    found that after reading just the MS Press book for 70-620 that I really
    wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be and could just as easily have failed
    that certification due to poor preparation.

    I'm trying not to make the same mistake twice. I currently finished reading
    the Sybex 70-622 book and am now going to begin reading the MS Press 70-622
    book hoping to get two different perspectives on what should be known before
    taking the test. However, I also want to do a study guide this time.

    Microsoft recommends a company called MeasureUp as a good company to use for
    the 70-622 study guide. I see that I can also get a discount on my exam
    test which basically means this study guide will run me $62. While price is
    important it definitely isn't everything since failing would cost me $125!

    So my question is, in the option of those who have passed 70-622 and those
    who have used MeasureUp for other certifications does it look like I'm
    taking all the correct measures to comfortably pass this certification on my
    first try?
    Mike Russcher, Nov 10, 2008

  2. "Mike Russcher" <> wrote in message

    > I passed the 70-620 test with a score of somewhere around 850 but the test
    > did have me nervous at first since I thought that it would be easier. I
    > found that after reading just the MS Press book for 70-620 that I really
    > wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be and could just as easily have failed
    > that certification due to poor preparation.

    > I'm trying not to make the same mistake twice.

    Eh? =850= is pretty respectable score!

    > I currently finished reading the Sybex 70-622 book and am now going to
    > begin reading the MS Press 70-622 book hoping to get two different
    > perspectives on what should be known before taking the test.

    Hmm.. there's really only one *perspective* on what should be known before
    taking the test, and that's the official list of Exam Objectives posted on
    the Microsoft Learning website:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-622.mspx

    What different books do is give you a different way of teaching those
    objectives, but in the end -- they all teach the same objectives.

    > So my question is, in the option of those who have passed 70-622 and those
    > who have used MeasureUp for other certifications does it look like I'm
    > taking all the correct measures to comfortably pass this certification on
    > my first try?

    What you really need for the 70-622, none of which is listed up there, is
    *experience* with Vista in an enterprise environment. Note also that,
    despite the title of the exam "Supporting and Troubleshooting Applications",
    very little of the exam is actually on =applications=, the primary
    objectives being:
    - Deploying Windows Vista
    - Managing Windows Vista Security
    - Managing and Maintaining Systems That Run Windows Vista
    - Configuring and Troubleshooting Networking
    - Supporting and Maintaining Desktop Applications

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 10, 2008