70-622 MS Press Book Incorrect chapter information?

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Kirby Timm, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. Kirby Timm

    Kirby Timm Guest

    I'm studying for the 70-622 test using the MS Press book 70-622 "Windows
    Vista Client for Enterprise Support Technicians" book. I'm on Chapter 2,
    Lesson 2 and I'm attempting to complete the practice: Capturing and
    Deploying a WIM File Image, part 4 step 3. In both this step by step, and
    earlier in the chapter under "Deploying a WIM File Image" the book has the
    steps for using diskpart as follows:
    Select disk 0
    clean
    clean partition primary size=12000
    select partition 1
    active
    format
    exit

    Are these directions are incorrect? In order to complete step 4
    successfully wouldn't you need to use the command "assign letter=c" before
    you exit the diskpart utility? I tried it their way and didn't use the
    "assign letter=c" command before I exited diskpart, and when I run the
    "Imagex /apply Z:\MyImage.wim 1 c:" command to apply the WIM, I receive an
    "Error restoring image. The system cannot find the path specified." error.

    Please let me know if I'm correct in this, do you need to run the "assign
    letter=c" command in order for this to work correctly?

    Thanks in advance.
    Kirby Timm, Sep 18, 2008