    who thought this would be a one exam upgrade for both certs.

    Chris Venuti
    A+, MCDST
    Chris Venuti, May 22, 2007

  2. Then why on Earth do they call it "Upgrading your MCDST Certification to
    MCITP Enterprise Support"? Hmmmm........

    You might want consider reading the certification blogs at
    blogs.msdn.com/trika before you decide to post bad information. I rarely put
    my trust in the MCP call centers with new information. The last time I
    called, they gave me the exact same information I saw on the learning web
    site (which was still wrong and should have been updated by that time).

    Worst case, wait six months. The MCP call center reps might actually be
    more informed than the rest of us. In the mean time, enjoy Trika's writings.
    some comical, some serious, but still some are...well.....smarmy.

    Cheers!

    --
    Chance Webster
    A+, Network+, MCDST

    Chance Webster, May 23, 2007

  3. Chris Venuti

    Chris Venuti Guest

    Chance Webster said "Stuff"

    I do actively read Trika's blog as well as many other sources for
    information: I never mentioned I called anyone in a "call center" I
    physically spoke with 3 people here at the Redmond campus during a luncheon.
    And was told the upgrade exam is going over some major scrutiny right now
    and will be adjusted soon to only cover a upgrade to MCTS which will be the
    prerq for a MCITP.

    Unless they are wrong which Is a possiblity I am still going to stand by
    what they told me until proven otherwise. I do not intend to start a war
    here I am just passing along "juice" as I heard it.

    I pray that I am incorrect in my finding as well. However eitherway 1 exam
    or 2 exams is no big deal... It's all about the experience you get before
    you even take the exam.

    :)

    Chris Venuti
    A+, MCDST
    Chris Venuti, May 23, 2007
  4. A war? really.....since when do geeks like us start a war?

    per Trika's blog comments concerning 70-621:

    70-621 earns the MCTS: Vista and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician. Your
    transcript should (and will, eventually) show EXAM 621 and the two
    certifications I just listed. Your transcript will NOT show EXAM 620 or 622
    (the direct path to earn MCTS Vista and MCITP EST). So if you plan to use 620
    as an elective on something, you'll need to take that exam separately. The
    tools team is working on why the exams are showing up on transcripts but not
    the certifications. Anyone have a contact at Apple we can call???

    Perhaps the conversation you overheard was simple brainstorming about the
    test when it goes live...whenever that may be.

    Cheers
    --
    Chance Webster
    A+, Network+, MCDST

    Chance Webster, May 23, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbmNlIFdlYnN0ZXI=?=
    <> wrote in

    > A war? really.....since when do geeks like us start a war?
    >
    > per Trika's blog comments concerning 70-621:
    >
    > 70-621 earns the MCTS: Vista and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician.
    > Your transcript should (and will, eventually) show EXAM 621 and the
    > two certifications I just listed. Your transcript will NOT show EXAM
    > 620 or 622 (the direct path to earn MCTS Vista and MCITP EST). So if
    > you plan to use 620 as an elective on something, you'll need to take
    > that exam separately. The tools team is working on why the exams are
    > showing up on transcripts but not the certifications. Anyone have a
    > contact at Apple we can call???
    >
    > Perhaps the conversation you overheard was simple brainstorming about
    > the test when it goes live...whenever that may be.
    >
    > Cheers

    I've had actually a not so good experience with the Beta of 71-621. But,
    yes, you will have MCITP: EST and MCST: Vista. As Chance said, if you
    have an MCDST, go for the upgrade if you know the material. But I'm
    letting you know, I did not find the original test easy.

    For those of you who are Beta 1 Testers, not those of you who re-took the
    exam:

    Have you recieved any type of score? From what I understand, there may
    be a delay.

    If you call the RSC (Regional Service Center), they will mis-inform you
    and tell you that the Beta 1 test was thrown out, however they will offer
    you a voucher good for the retake of the test regardless.

    Trika is actually working on trying to forward the information to the RSC
    to correct what they are telling the MCP/MCT Community regarding these
    exams.

    As far as your transcript, I would contact Microsoft by e-mail at:

    US:
    Europe (Including UK):

    If you wish to call them, here's the list:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx

    Regards,
    --
    Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]
    MCDST

    Microsoft Webcast TODAY, 5/23/07, at 5pm PST:
    Protecting the Integrity of Microsoft Certifications

    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=
    1032337637&EventCategory=2&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US
    Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard], May 23, 2007
  6. Taylor's right. The test was not easy at all....even the second time around.
    If you want to know you're ready to take the exam, set up a Vista box in
    your lab and start getting some serious hands-on time. There's a learning
    curve if you're new to IT, but old hands should be used to major change by
    now. Also, the book "Windows Vista: Inside & Out" was really helpful for
    reading material. All I can say is Thank God that Vista was in public beta.
    I think that's the only reason I passed it really.

    Although my opinion is uninformed, I think the reason those that took the
    first beta but not the second have not received their scores yet is that MS
    found inadequacies in Beta 1 on certain material and needed to rewrite the
    exam. In a way, I'm glad they did, but if you didn't take beta 2, don't
    expect to pass it - from previous information on Trika's blog, MS is scoring
    Beta 1 using the Beta 2 standards. Just an observation though.

    Any idea when they're going to FINALLY put the certs on MCP transcripts?

    --
    Chance Webster
    A+, Network+, MCDST

    Chance Webster, May 23, 2007
  7. Chris Venuti

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hey Taylor,

    I got my exam results in the mail this week for both 70-621 and 70-623. I
    passed both, one better than the other.

    You know, I have an envelope at home that has all of my exam sheets (pass or
    fail) from every cert exam I have ever taken. I am only missing a couple of
    them... the first three that I took, and one of my MCDST ones. The first
    three must have been lost in one of the four moves since. The last one was
    probably left at my office when I left my old company. I wonder if there's
    a way to reproduce them (legitimately)...

    "Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns9939776D460F3TSRIPLEY36526@207.46.248.16...

    Montreal MCT, May 27, 2007
  8. Chris Venuti

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Chance,

    To elaborate slightly on the reasons for the revamped 70-621, 70-622, and
    70-623:

    Microsoft Learning reviewed the blueprints and Objective Domains for the
    three exams and decided that the skills being tested were insufficient, so
    the OD was elaborated upon and the Blueprint was redone based on the new OD.
    Since there are entire new sections on the new version that were not tested
    on the old you are right, it will be difficult to pass the old exam because
    the test taker will have ZERO on at least one section of each exam... that
    black bar on the score report will be lotsa white.

    For the transcripts, the MCITP: Consumer Support Technician should already
    be on the transcript. At present there is no date set for the Enterprise
    cert.

    Montreal MCT, May 27, 2007
  9. "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message

    > Hey Taylor,
    >
    > I got my exam results in the mail this week for both 70-621 and 70-623.
    > passed both, one better than the other.
    >
    > You know, I have an envelope at home that has all of my exam sheets
    > (pass or
    > fail) from every cert exam I have ever taken. I am only missing a
    > couple of
    > them... the first three that I took, and one of my MCDST ones. The
    > first
    > three must have been lost in one of the four moves since. The last one
    > was
    > probably left at my office when I left my old company. I wonder if
    > there's
    > a way to reproduce them (legitimately)...

    Mine were in the mail Wednesday. Very misleading too since I failed it.
    The sectional results are well above moderate for the TS, and right at
    moderate for PRO. But I got a 653 on it. Odd

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 27, 2007