    MCITP Enterprise cert. Am I ok to do that? I will also be taking 70-290 and
    70-291 to finish off the MCSA. Would you recommend a different route? I
    also have CompTia Network + as my elective for MCSA.
    nhottinger, Oct 8, 2008

  2. nhottinger

    Chris Guest

    Hi,

    you are in a very similar situation to me. I have passed 70-270 (XP), 70-620
    (Vista) 70-622 (vista enterprise) and CompTIA A+ and Network+. I just need
    7-290 and 70-291 for my MCSA. I think this would be the best choice for you
    too, then you can upgrade it to MCITP: Server Administrator on the 2008
    track with 2 more exams, 70-648 (upgrade exam) and 70-646 (Server 2008
    administrator).

    HTH

    Chris, Oct 9, 2008

  3. nhottinger

    Andrew Du Guest

    Chris is right, 70-621 is the best exam for you. Note also, 70-620 is heavily
    biassed towards SOHO users, doesn't have anything in it about corporate
    stuff, mass deployments, or even domain membership. Bit of a silly exam to
    have as part of MCSA imho. But what do I know?
    --
    No sig is a good sig

    Andrew Du, Oct 9, 2008
  4. nhottinger

    nhottinger Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions. I will be taking 70-621 in the next few weeks,
    then onto 290 and 291. Let me know how 291 goes. I've heard it's pretty
    tough as well.

    nhottinger, Oct 10, 2008
  5. nhottinger

    Savo Jr Guest

    I passed MCDST, 270 & 290 pretty easily and with 290 i got best points so
    far.. after those i needed extra half year full time study after i passed
    that one. I also failed it once.

    Then again i was beginner at that phase. Systems administrator with few
    years experience might pass that one easily too. :)

    When i was unemployed it took about 1-2 moths full time studying per exam
    but after starting in my job -thanks to MCSA- i have less hours to use for
    studying.

    ..jyrki

    Savo Jr, Jan 16, 2009
  6. nhottinger

    evileyeperry Guest

    I am an MCDST and am currently studying for the Vista upgrade 70-621.

    I am doing this by reading both the 70-620 and 70-622 books.

    I am currently on page 450 of the 70-620 book and hence why i've just joined
    the MCITP news group!

    anyone got any stories, advice on the 70-621 upgrade exam? where i should
    concentrate my efforts in the limited study time i have?

    evileyeperry, Jan 20, 2009