70-554 - skills measured by exam are incorrect!

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Stan, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Stan

    Stan Guest

    In the WSE 3.0 Section:

    Implement filters in a Web service application
    .. Add a filter
    .. Remove a filter

    and

    Implement WSE SOAP messaging
    Send the attachments from a Web service application

    There are no filters in WSE 3.0. There were in WSE 2.0 but were replaced by
    custom policy assertions.

    Similar, DIME attachments in WSE 2.0 were replaced by MTOM!

    These questions shouldn't even be included in WSE 3.0, unless the whole
    section is for WSE 2.0...

    Stan, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Hey Stan,
    Thanks for this good feedback... The exam should focus on WSE 3.0 only
    and not only WSE 2.0... Did you find questions on DIME and other WSE 2.0
    stuff on the exam or was it just in preparation guide at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-529.asp ??

    Vishal R Joshi
    Product Planner - Technical | Developer & Database Certifications |
    Microsoft
    http://www.vishaljoshi.blogspot.com

    Vishal R Joshi [MSFT], Feb 23, 2006

  3. Stan

    Stan Guest

    Vishal,

    Please take a look at

    Why "Implement filters in a Web service application" and "Send the
    attachements from a Web service application" are under WSE 3.0

    How should I interpret this? Will the be WSE 2.0 and WSE 3.0?

    Stan, Feb 24, 2006
  4. This is more of a documentation issue and we are updating the docs... I am
    sure you will not find stuff related to WSE 2.0 in the exam... Do write
    back if you see any questions on this in the exam... Thanks again for the
    feedback...
    best wishes

    Vishal R Joshi [MSFT], Feb 24, 2006
  5. "Vishal R Joshi [MSFT]" <> wrote

    [WSE 2.0 vs WSE 3.0]

    > I am sure you will not find stuff related to WSE 2.0 in the exam.

    I don't remember seeing any WSE 2.0 material - everything was WSE 3.0 as one
    would expect for the VS.Net 2005 material.

    --
    Chris Mullins

    Chris Mullins, Feb 28, 2006