70-554 Exam Marking Criteria

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Chamith, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Chamith

    Chamith Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    This morning I happened to sit for the 70-554 exam and got through it with
    just 700 marks.
    However with the detailed result sheet, i got confused since it was not of
    the type that i ever have expected it to be.
    It looks like the following

    SECTIONAL RESULTS:

    70-529: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Distributed Application
    Development

    70-549: PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the
    Microsoft .NET Framework

    According to the progress-bar values, the marks i've scored for 529 is close
    to 820 and for 549 it's 700.
    From what i understand with this is, the exam is broken into two parts and
    the candidate is assessed by the minimum score he/she gets.

    Any thoughts on this?

    Chamith

    Chamith, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Chamith

    CT Guest

    First of all, congrats. :)

    Now, it's been a while, but I would assume that if the two individual exams
    make up for 50% of the total, the score from the two exams would be added up
    and then divided by two. If that isn't case, I do know that for some
    courses, 700 is a passing score.

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Communities - http://community.integratedsolutions.dk

    CT, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Chamith

    CT, Jun 14, 2006
  4. I don't think that there is any deterministic relationship between those
    scores. They are just an indicator of what areas need more improvement, and
    that is what you need to focus on.
    ---
    Mehran Nikoo
    http://www.mehranikoo.net
    MCPD, MCITP, MCSD.NET, MCSD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWVocmFuIE5pa29v?=, Jun 16, 2006
  5. I don't think that there is any deterministic relationship between those

    =?Utf-8?B?TWVocmFuIE5pa29v?=, Jun 16, 2006