70-536 questions and time limit for exam? type of questions?

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by gravz84, Nov 14, 2007.

  1. gravz84

    gravz84 Guest

    Is it right that there are

    1) exactly 45 questions in the examination?
    2) 2hours and 45 minutes for the exam. I read in lots of places that
    its 90 minutes but when I asked the prometric centre they said 2h45
    minutes, with 30 minutes for reading instructions?? confused..
    3) Some of the questions will not be marked. But you won't know which
    ones. They are to test future testing techniques for Microsoft.
    4) Type of questions:
    a) Are all questions objective?
    b) Exam will include objective, case scenarios, as well as some
    simulation questions?
    What are simulation questions..are they the ones with point and click,
    arranging in order etc. that you can find on the measureup software on
    the cd along with the training kit?
    5) The exam will not be exactly 1000 marks, nor is there any way to
    find out which questions carry more weightage if they are weighed
    differently that is? eg- 40 questions 20 marks each + 5 questions 40
    marks each.
    6) Are there open ended case scenario questions like in the training
    kit book? how do you get marked for those?

    Are you required to <B> write down </B> code for any of the questions?
    --
    R Singh
    gravz84, Nov 14, 2007

  2. gravz84

    gravz84 Guest

    Someone please reply!!
    gravz84, Nov 16, 2007

  3. Answers are inline

    Gerry

    "gravz84" wrote:

    > Is it right that there are
    >
    > 1) exactly 45 questions in the examination?

    Possibly. There are many questions that are used to seed the exam.
    Typically you will answer around 45 questions.

    > 2) 2hours and 45 minutes for the exam. I read in lots of places that
    > its 90 minutes but when I asked the prometric centre they said 2h45
    > minutes, with 30 minutes for reading instructions?? confused..

    You are alotted 2 hours and 45 minutes for the exam. That is not an
    indication of how long you can expect to be there. There is a seperatly time
    portion of the exam, around 30 minutes alotted time, for reading the
    instructions etc.

    > 3) Some of the questions will not be marked. But you won't know which
    > ones. They are to test future testing techniques for Microsoft.

    Don't place too much emphasis on this. This statement is in every exam
    and not every exam has unmarked questions. They do not reflect in your
    score at any rate.

    > 4) Type of questions:
    > a) Are all questions objective?
    > b) Exam will include objective, case scenarios, as well as some
    > simulation questions?
    > What are simulation questions..are they the ones with point and click,
    > arranging in order etc. that you can find on the measureup software on
    > the cd along with the training kit?

    Not sure what you mean by objective questions but the exam is made of
    primarily multiple choice questions with some drag and drop and ordering
    style questions. There are no simulations on this exam.

    > 5) The exam will not be exactly 1000 marks, nor is there any way to
    > find out which questions carry more weightage if they are weighed
    > differently that is? eg- 40 questions 20 marks each + 5 questions 40
    > marks each.

    This is not important. If you know the material, you will pass the exam.
    It doesn't get any simpler than that.

    > 6) Are there open ended case scenario questions like in the training
    > kit book? how do you get marked for those?

    No, there are no questions like that on this exam.

    > Are you required to <B> write down </B> code for any of the questions?

    No.

    > --
    > R Singh

    It sounds as though you have some exam anxiety. I have taught many people
    in the past while an instructor and the majority of them had exam anxiety as
    well. Here is my advice to you;

    1) Relax, it is only a test of your knowledge. If you meet the
    pre-requisites for the exam, such as years experience and you have studied
    the prep materials, you will do fine.

    2) Take the practice tests included with the MS Press books or at
    measureup.com or selftestsoftware.com. These will allow you to settle into
    the question style and set your expectations accordingly for the exam
    experience.

    3) Go with your first instinct. Don't over think the question, don't
    analyze it too much and never ever review all your questions at the end.

    For the most part, relax, be well rested and ensure that you pay attention
    to the question when you read it. If you know the answer, select it and move
    on. Those that you don't know, take a guess but mark it for later review.
    Then revisit when you have time at the end of the exam.

    Best of luck.

    Gerry
    Gerry O''Brien, Nov 22, 2007
  4. gravz84

    jerryvn01

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Hi,

    I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

    Apart from that, this link below may be useful: Systems interview questions
    Please try to keep posting. Tks and best regards
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    jerryvn01, Jul 23, 2010