    I am aware that the pass mark is 700 points which is determined on the level
    of questions asked and so on.

    Your help would be much appreciated.

    Gary Gallagher, Jun 27, 2007

  2. Gary Gallagher

    Tony Wissler Guest

    I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
    I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45 questions
    and 700 is listed as the minimum score.

    Tony Wissler

    Tony Wissler, Jun 28, 2007

  3. Gary Gallagher

    RomoR Guest

    Tony you are violating NDA.

    RomoR

    RomoR, Jun 28, 2007
  4. Not really

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 28, 2007
  5. Gary Gallagher

    Tony Wissler Guest

    So, let me understand. I cannot tell someone the minimum score and how many
    questions I was asked but it is ok to tell someone to "go for dumps"

    QUOTE: "Once you know the language and confident then you go for dumps."
    See the thread in this newsgroup subject: MCTS.Net Exam about 4 thread
    down.
    Started by: abhjos

    Nice leo

    Tony Wissler, Jun 29, 2007
  6. No Dumps....dumps are bad okay.

    as for the numder of questions its not a big deal nor as I said is it a
    violation to the NDA. The passing score is Public and the number of
    questions can change from time to time but isn't violating the NDA to tell
    people how many questions yo uhad and wha your score was....

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 29, 2007
  7. RomoR:

    Microsoft Learning had a webcast a while back stating that giving the number
    of questions on an exam was not a violation of the NDA. Here is a link to it:
    https://www114.livemeeting.com/cc/lmevents/view?id=msft052307lm_pm&pw=ATT0900&cn=

    Trika's blog is at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx. I highly
    recommend it for anyone involved in taking certification exams.

    The fact that 700 is the passing score for all exams is listed in the Exam
    FAQ on the Microsoft web site.

    However, when you take an exam, one of the things that you read at the
    beginning states that there may be ungraded questions in the exam used to
    determine whether or not they should become graded questions at some later
    point.

    Thus, to say that you had 45 questions, does not state that you had 45
    graded questions. Some may have been ungraded questions. Obviously, if
    someone else gets 46 or more questions, they can probably be sure that at
    least one of the questions is an ungraded sample, or that they changed the
    number of questions asked for that particular exam. That's why asking the
    number of questions is a silly exercise. A less silly question would be "How
    long did you get to take the exam?" If when you sign up for the exam you
    discover that your time is longer, then you know that you probably will have
    some ungraded questions on it (for what that's worth).

    I once had 12 questions more than what someone had posted in here as the
    number of questions on a particular exam. One of the questions I am sure was
    a sample, because it had two answers that were the same text exactly.

    I honestly don't remember how many questions or length of time my 536 exam
    had, so I can't answer the original question.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Jun 29, 2007
  8. Gary Gallagher

    Tony Wissler Guest

    Rev I completely agree! No Dumps!

    I myself, would never recommend using dumps to anyone. I was just making
    point about RomoR's post - regarding his comments.

    Tony Wissler, Jun 29, 2007
  9. Gary Gallagher

    RomoR Guest

    Thanks Larry and where is Gary.

    Tony you are safe.

    RomoR, Jun 30, 2007
  10. Gary Gallagher

    RomoR Guest

    Tony:

    Strictly No Dumps in this group and I personally welcome all the inputs
    which really makes me and everyone understand about the certifications.

    Having said that some IT guys who posts their questions doesnt do a
    certification research and this is been going on for long time since the
    certification started from 1992.

    FYI "DUMPS - i meant practice tests which are coming along with Microsoft
    Books"

    BTW Larrys link was excellent.

    RomoR, Jun 30, 2007
  11. Gary Gallagher

    Tony Wissler Guest

    Oh, THANKS!

    I will make sure to print your email incase the cops ever come knocking.

    Tony Wissler, Jun 30, 2007