70-536, 3 questions

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by blade, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. blade

    blade Guest

    Hey,
    I have problems with following questions:

    1.You are developing a custom class library by using the .NET Framework 2.0.
    You define a new class named Cost that allows you to represent the cost of
    operation. You need to create a custom collection class named CostCollection
    that you can use to store objects of the Cost type.
    You must be able to order the elements of the collection by using one of the
    many methods that sort collections.
    How should you define the cost collection?
    A. Public Class CostCollection
    Implements IEqualityComparer
    End Class
    B. Public Class CostCollection
    Implements IComparer
    End Class
    C. Public Class CostCollection
    Implements IEnumerable
    End Class
    D. Public Class CostCollection
    Implements IDictionary
    End Class

    2.You are developing a banking Windows Forms application by using the .NET
    Framework 2.0. You are working on a function that retrieves the images of
    canceled checks and displays them on the form. You have access to a method
    that reads the images from Microsoft SQL Server as a series of bytes.
    You need to select a class that allows you to transfer the image from SQL
    Server to the Windows Forms application. Your solution must reduce the need
    for any temporary buffers and files.
    Which class should you select?
    A. BufferedStream
    B. NetworkStream
    C. MemoryStream
    D. FileStream

    3.You are developing a class library application by using the .NET Framework
    2.0. You decide to use the AppDomainSetup class to create an application
    domain. You need to create an instance of a type named TestSpace.TestType.
    You must configure the new application domain so that it probes for the
    assembly containing the type in a specified directory.
    What should you do to configure the application domain?
    A. Use the CachePath property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    B. Use the ApplicationBase property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    C. Use the ActivationArguments property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    D. Use the AppDomainInitializerArguments property of the AppDomainSetup class.

    Please, tell me what is correct answer and why...?
    blade, Feb 23, 2008

  2. "blade" <> wrote in message

    > Hey,
    > I have problems with following questions:
    >
    > 1.You are developing a custom class library by using the .NET Framework 2.0.
    > You define a new class named Cost that allows you to represent the cost of
    > operation. You need to create a custom collection class named CostCollection
    > that you can use to store objects of the Cost type.
    > You must be able to order the elements of the collection by using one of the
    > many methods that sort collections.
    > How should you define the cost collection?
    > A. Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IEqualityComparer
    > End Class
    > B. Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IComparer
    > End Class
    > C. Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IEnumerable
    > End Class
    > D. Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IDictionary
    > End Class
    >
    > 2.You are developing a banking Windows Forms application by using the .NET
    > Framework 2.0. You are working on a function that retrieves the images of
    > canceled checks and displays them on the form. You have access to a method
    > that reads the images from Microsoft SQL Server as a series of bytes.
    > You need to select a class that allows you to transfer the image from SQL
    > Server to the Windows Forms application. Your solution must reduce the need
    > for any temporary buffers and files.
    > Which class should you select?
    > A. BufferedStream
    > B. NetworkStream
    > C. MemoryStream
    > D. FileStream
    >
    > 3.You are developing a class library application by using the .NET Framework
    > 2.0. You decide to use the AppDomainSetup class to create an application
    > domain. You need to create an instance of a type named TestSpace.TestType.
    > You must configure the new application domain so that it probes for the
    > assembly containing the type in a specified directory.
    > What should you do to configure the application domain?
    > A. Use the CachePath property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    > B. Use the ApplicationBase property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    > C. Use the ActivationArguments property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    > D. Use the AppDomainInitializerArguments property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    >
    > Please, tell me what is correct answer and why...?

    Where are you getting these questions?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 23, 2008

  3. blade

    blade Guest

    From teacher
    blade, Feb 23, 2008
  4. "blade" <> wrote in message

    > From teacher

    What I am trying to determine is if these are braindump questions being
    fed to you by your instructor. If so, this undermines the integrity of
    the certification and the vendors certification program as a whole. Is
    this a list of questions given to the class? Also, what institution are
    you attending class?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 23, 2008
  5. blade

    blade Guest

    I dont undestand.
    At Microsoft site I have read that I should take a practise test.
    So I got a few questions and now I have problems with these...
    Really I dont have these questions from teacher beacuase I am learning by
    oneself -I am sorry for lie..

    Questions you can buy for example from Measureup.
    blade, Feb 23, 2008
  6. blade

    Marc Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> schreef

    > What I am trying to determine is if these are braindump questions

    If so he probably would not ask for the answer I think.
    Marc, Feb 23, 2008
  7. "Marc" <> wrote in message

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> schreef
    >
    > > What I am trying to determine is if these are braindump questions

    > If so he probably would not ask for the answer I think.

    True, but I'm just a victim of the stupidity of humanity. I've seen
    worse.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 23, 2008
  8. "blade" <> wrote in message

    > I dont undestand.
    > At Microsoft site I have read that I should take a practise test.
    > So I got a few questions and now I have problems with these...
    > Really I dont have these questions from teacher beacuase I am learning by
    > oneself -I am sorry for lie..
    >
    > Questions you can buy for example from Measureup.

    If that's the case, the answers should contain an explanation on why the
    answers are correct or incorrect.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 23, 2008
  9. blade

    Marc Guest

    "blade" <> schreef

    > 1.You are developing a custom class library by using the .NET Framework
    > 2.0.
    > You define a new class named Cost that allows you to represent the cost of
    > operation.

    I think D since the first 2 would need to apply to the cost type not the
    collection which holds the types, and C is not enought to sort.

    > Please, tell me what is correct answer and why...?

    Hey, ok, I just browsed msdn2.microsoft.com, I am not 100% sure about the
    answer.
    Marc, Feb 24, 2008
  10. blade

    blade Guest

    But IDictionary also doesn't support sorting.
    CostCollection doesn't seem to be a dictionary.So maybe enough is
    implementing only IEnumerable?

    I was searching built-in methods to sort of collections. But I dont find
    anything unknown - only static method Array.Sort and built-in methods to
    ArrayList etc.

    Array.Sort can't sort customized collection(it sorts only Arrays).
    Maybe there is static method what accepts interface listed in question as
    parameter?
    blade, Feb 24, 2008
  11. to sort, you need to implement to IComparer interface and override the
    Compare method for your sorting.

    Benjamin Fallar III, Feb 26, 2008
  12. blade

    gravz84 Guest

    On Feb 23, 5:20 pm, blade <> wrote:
    > Hey,
    > I have problems with following questions:
    >
    > 1.You are developing a custom class library by using the .NET Framework 2.0.
    > You define a new class named Cost that allows you to represent the cost of
    > operation. You need to create a custom collection class named CostCollection
    > that you can use to store objects of the Cost type.
    > You must be able to order the elements of the collection by using one of the
    > many methods that sort collections.
    > How should you define the cost collection?
    > A.      Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IEqualityComparer
    > End Class
    > B.      Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IComparer
    > End Class
    > C.      Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IEnumerable
    > End Class
    > D.      Public Class CostCollection
    > Implements IDictionary
    > End Class
    >
    > 2.You are developing a banking Windows Forms application by using the .NET
    > Framework 2.0. You are working on a function that retrieves the images of
    > canceled checks and displays them on the form. You have access to a method
    > that reads the images from Microsoft SQL Server as a series of bytes.
    > You need to select a class that allows you to transfer the image from SQL
    > Server to the Windows Forms application. Your solution must reduce the need
    > for any temporary buffers and files.
    > Which class should you select?
    > A.      BufferedStream
    > B.      NetworkStream
    > C.      MemoryStream
    > D.      FileStream
    >
    > 3.You are developing a class library application by using the .NET Framework
    > 2.0. You decide to use the AppDomainSetup class to create an application
    > domain. You need to create an instance of a type named TestSpace.TestType.
    > You must configure the new application domain so that it probes for the
    > assembly containing the type in a specified directory.
    > What should you do to configure the application domain?
    > A.      Use the CachePath property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    > B.      Use the ApplicationBase property of the AppDomainSetup class..
    > C.      Use the ActivationArguments property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    > D.      Use the AppDomainInitializerArguments property of the AppDomainSetup class.
    >
    > Please, tell me what is correct answer and why...?

    1. B need to implement icomparer for sorting
    2. A Bytes-require bufferedstream and reader for bytes.
    3. B --look up definitions in msdn library(
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.appdomainsetup_properties(VS..85).aspx
    ApplicationBase Gets or sets the name of the directory containing the
    application. )

    if you have any doubts, first refer to the msdn library! it contains
    all answers to all possible questions in the exam.
    These questions were pretty standard. If you don't know the exact
    answer then try to guess from what you do know or have learnt.
    eg--if you know what the different classes used for reading different
    streams are then you would know number 2.
    assemblies, setup and installation is an important component of the
    exam(question 3). try to get some experience with that before taking
    the exam.
    all the best.
    gravz84, Mar 23, 2008