  1. Sean

    Sean Guest

    What is the latest on when this exam will be retired?

    Sean, May 16, 2008

  2. "Sean" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > What is the latest on when this exam will be retired?

    If you don't see it posted on the MCP site... it’s not scheduled for
    retirement...

    <checking>....

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 17, 2008

  3. Sean

    gravz84 Guest

    On May 16, 6:16 pm, Sean <> wrote:
    > What is the latest on when this exam will be retired?

    not so soon I guess 2016 is when .net 2 will be retired..looking
    forward to it already eh?
    lol
    The new orcas (3.5 stream) will have no effect on the old .net 2
    framework exams, just that you will be certified for .net 2 if you
    take 70-528. So if you complete 536 and 528 you'll be mcts .net web
    application .net 2.0.
    But 528 won't help you for the MCPD track which has different
    requirements now.-http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/vstudio/
    2008/default.mspx

    http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=8291&x=7&y=13

    gravz84, May 17, 2008
  4. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Thanks Lawrence. I didn't know about the exam retirement page.

    Sean, May 19, 2008
  5. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Thanks a lot. We're going to be using 2.0 for the time being so I wanted to
    make sure the cert would be valid for a while. Thanks for the links also.

    -Sean

    Sean, May 19, 2008