70-528 Should I know all the hierarchy of the Web Control classes?

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Marc, Jul 13, 2008.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    In the self paced training kit "Web-Based Client development" the text gives
    a lot of attention to which class decents from which other class. I wonder
    if we most now that in detail, if this is asked for in the exam. It seems
    rather useless to me to remember this by head. But I might me mistaken in
    this.

    For example:

    Page 158 of the training kit written by Glen Johnson says:

    <<<
    The .NET framework provides several base classes that are used to provide
    common
    properties and behavior for the concrete data-bound controls. Figure 3-25
    shows the
    hierarchy of the base classes.
    The HierarchicalDataBoundControl inherits from the BaseDataBoundControl and
    is the
    parent class to controls that display hierarchical data, such as the Menu
    and TreeView
    controls.
    The DataBoundControl inherits from the BaseDataBoundControl and is the
    parent class
    to the CompositeDataBoundControl and the ListControl, which are parent
    classes to
    other controls that display tabular data, such as the GridView and
    DropDownList.

    Marc, Jul 13, 2008