    Anyone interested in obtaining 70-445 please reply to this thread. I am
    interested in forming a study group for this certifcation.
    For information, I'm from Belgium (GMT +1).

    Luc, Aug 10, 2007

  2. Luc

    Shayne Guest

    Luc,

    I am interested. What materials are you currently using to study?

    Shayne, Aug 22, 2007

  3. Luc

    Luc Guest

    Hi Shayne,

    I'm using part of the material recommanded on the Microsoft Learning website:

    - MS SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services Step by Step
    - MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Step by Step
    - MS SQL Server 2005 Database Essentials Step by Step

    I'm also using

    - Osborne Hands on MS SQL server 2005 Integration Services (very good book)
    - Osborne Delivering Business Intelligence with MS SQL Server 2005 (very
    good too)
    - MS Sql server 2005 Books Online

    I'm awaiting the MCTS Self-paced Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    Business Intelligence Implementation and Maintenance: Exam 70-445 (Pro -
    Certification): should get it next week or the week after.

    Are you using (almost) the same material?

    Luc, Aug 22, 2007
  4. Luc

    Shayne Guest

    Luc,

    You have more study material than I do at this time. I am currently reading
    a book by Lynn Langit (Apress publishing) titled "Foundations of SQL Server
    2005 Business Intelligence". So far, I think it is a good book but I have
    not read anything to compare it with.
    I am also in the process of purchasing the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit for
    exam 70-445. Once I get through it, if I feel I need additonal training, I
    will look at the other books you mentioned.

    How did you want to conduct the study group? Do we want to exchange emails
    so we can converse on different topics?

    Thanks,

    Shayne

    Shayne, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Luc

    Luc Guest

    Shayne,

    2 possibilities: through MSN or exchanging emails: in both cases, address to
    use : (junk box...), if you prefer e-mails, I'll reply
    from my "real" e-mail address.

    Anabody else interested,

    Please contact me directly through the same chanel.

    Luc, Aug 23, 2007
  6. Luc

    desibull Guest

    Luc and Shayne:
    I am interested in joining your study group. May I ask what your experience
    levels are with SQL Server 2005 BI and what exam date are you targeting for?

    desibull, Sep 12, 2007
  7. Luc

    Luc Guest

    My experience with MS SQL Server 2005 BI is "nihil". I've been working in the
    fields of performance management for the last 7 years as technical
    consultant, mostly involved in system setup and assessment, training,
    coaching and data connectivity.

    I started focusing on SQL Server 2005 BI something like 2 month ago and I
    target to take the exam (or at least a first try...) by the end of october.

    If you're further interested in discussing any topic, pls contact me on
    , I'll be very happy to share ideas.

    Luc, Sep 13, 2007
  8. Luc

    Chris Guest

    Dear Luc,

    I'm also interested.
    I'm from Germany (BTW: near Aachen/Belgium border;-))

    I read some books from from the "SAMS" series.
    And I`m right now starting to work through the "Self-Paced Training Kit"

    My E-Mail is:

    best regards

    Chris

    Chris, Oct 22, 2007