    DBA-centric questions which had nothing to do with BI

    Thanks,
    Dave

    =?Utf-8?B?TXkgRGlzcGxheSBOYW1l?=, Jun 12, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TXkgRGlzcGxheSBOYW1l?=

    Denver Guest

    On 12 Jun, 16:34, My Display Name <>
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > What is the minimum passing score for 070-445?
    >
    > Can a non-DBA pass this exam? The practice exam seemed to have a bunch of
    > DBA-centric questions which had nothing to do with BI
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    Hi Dave

    I am taking this exam next week, apparently they dont tell you the
    pass mark, they just tell you your mark and tell you whether you
    passed or failed

    What practice exam have you got? I have SelfTest Software, maybe we
    could exchange questions or some thing?

    Let me know

    Denver

    Denver, Jun 13, 2007

  3. Hi Denver,

    Thanks for the info! It is surprisingly difficult to get any information on
    this test. How did you get this info?

    I have the 2 books recommended on the MS website: Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    Analysis Services and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.

    I also have the Transcender. The problem I've encountered is that the
    Transcender practice test has questions on topics not even covered in the
    books. Some examples: Data Mining algorithms, DTUTIL command line switches,
    Network load balancing concepts, etc. Who knows if the Transcender questions
    are accurate?

    Anyway, I have some notes I've put together... mostly from MSDN. Let me know
    your ideas on exchanging questions. I'm all for it.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    =?Utf-8?B?TXkgRGlzcGxheSBOYW1l?=, Jun 13, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TXkgRGlzcGxheSBOYW1l?=

    John R Guest

    "My Display Name" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > What is the minimum passing score for 070-445?

    I don't know for sure, but I thought for all Microsoft 070 series tests the
    passing score is 700. I can't speak to your exam specifically, but I have
    read that each exam is scored on it's merit, and then all scores are
    converted into Microsoft's standard scale.

    John R

    John R, Jun 13, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TXkgRGlzcGxheSBOYW1l?=

    Denver Guest

    Dave

    I am using Self Test Software, I got a deal on it when i ordered the
    exam. Its also recomended on the Microsoft website so must be pretty
    accurate. Kaplan IT own both Transcender and Self Test Software so
    maybe they are same

    When studying I bought a few books but then just found it a lot better
    installing Books On line and following the Syllabus, going through
    each topic and taking notes until all topics were covered. I barely
    used the books in the end (Exam next friday so it may not be a good
    approach, we'll have to see)

    Friends of mine used the test software for other exams and found they
    were a good indication of what the exam was going to cover, how much
    detail... etc, like I say, recomended by Microsoft so cant be too bad

    As for the pass mark, this is just a guess by some friends, seem to be
    the way though

    not really sure about rying to exchange questions???!!

    Denver, Jun 15, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TXkgRGlzcGxheSBOYW1l?=

    Denver Guest

    Passed this morning with a 730, Pass mark was 700.

    That Test Software was helpful in the end, none of the questions
    directly came up but all the topics did and it gave you a good idea of
    what the exam was going to be like.

    Really hard exam I thought, I found that more often then not I could
    answer 2 of the answers to the question so you had to really
    concentrate on what they were asking for so you could get it right. It
    was very close for me but I'm glad to say it worked out.

    The only piece of advice I can give is to go through all the questions
    in the test software, every topic they cover learn about in detail and
    you will get it

    It was 53 Qs for 150 Minutes, I took 2 Hours

    Denver

    Denver, Jun 22, 2007
  7. Hi Denver,

    Can you please send me the Tests? if you don't mind. I'm preparing for the
    exam based on Books online. Next saturday I'm planning to appear for exam.
    Thsi will help.

    Thanks.
    SP

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VzaGls?=, Sep 6, 2007
  8. Where did you guys get the Test Software for 70-445? I only could find the
    Test Software for 70-446 from SelfTest Software.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2tjaG91aw==?=, Oct 12, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TXkgRGlzcGxheSBOYW1l?=

    Guest

    You can find the latest Pass4sure questions for the 70-445 examn on
    this website:

    http://www.esnips.com/web/SQLServer2005ExamnPractice

    Is there anybody who can confirm the questions? Are the pass4sure the
    same as in the real examn?

    On 12 okt, 21:26, ckchouk <> wrote:
    > Where did you guys get the Test Software for 70-445? I only could find the
    > Test Software for 70-446 from SelfTest Software.
    >

    > "Denver" wrote:
    > > Passed this morning with a 730, Pass mark was 700.

    > > That Test Software was helpful in the end, none of the questions
    > > directly came up but all the topics did and it gave you a good idea of
    > > what the exam was going to be like.

    > > Really hard exam I thought, I found that more often then not I could
    > > answer 2 of the answers to the question so you had to really
    > > concentrate on what they were asking for so you could get it right. It
    > > was very close for me but I'm glad to say it worked out.

    > > The only piece of advice I can give is to go through all the questions
    > > in the test software, every topic they cover learn about in detail and
    > > you will get it

    > > It was 53 Qs for 150 Minutes, I took 2 Hours

    > > Denver- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

    , Nov 14, 2007