    --
    Regards,
    Pedestrian

    Pedestrian Ooi, May 30, 2007

  2. Pedestrian Ooi

    SunnyDD Guest

    I am also interested in taking this exam. I found this post:

    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=542699&SiteID=1

    but, can someone please tell me what a score of 700 is? Is this the
    equivalent of 70%

    Thank you

    SunnyDD, May 30, 2007

  3. Pedestrian Ooi

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Pedestrian,

    That unfortunately is one of the questions thatr we cannot answer... partly
    because it is NDA but mostly because it is a closely guarded secret.
    Microsoft Learning uses some pretty nifty math from what I understand to
    come up with that result, but it is not 70%... and that 700, which is the
    passing score for every Microsoft exam, is not the same on any exams... so
    700 could (hypothetically) be 85% on one exam, and 65% on another.

    Sorry I couldn't help!

    Montreal MCT, May 30, 2007
  4. No, it is not, 700 is generally the minimum score you can earn on an exam with a
    passing grade. 700 is not, however, equal to 70% in all cases. In some cases 700
    MAY equal 70%, but certainly not in all cases.

    Regardless, does it really matter? All you really need to know is that you've
    passed the exam or you've failed it. You should not be using this score as a
    'goal' to attain, you should be trying to be the best IT professional that you
    can be.

    Here are some useful links:

    Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
    Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Articles: http://www.CertGuard.com/articles.asp
    Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
    Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
    Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
    Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
    CertGear: http://www.cafepress.com/certguard

    --
    CertGuard

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], May 30, 2007
  5. Pedestrian Ooi

    SunnyDD Guest

    Yes, I definitely want to strive to be the best IT professional I can be, but
    I have never had to take a test where I didn't know either what the total
    possible score is or what percentage it takes to pass. Having this
    information would help me identify my weaknesses and strengths. I have a
    background in Lotus (IBM), did the full certifcation path through multiple
    versions, and am very surprised that Microsoft handles their certification
    scoring this way.

    SunnyDD, May 31, 2007
  6. How about the number of questions, it is fixed or not fixed?
    and the official Time limit: How many hours is the exam 70-431?

    Thanks...

    --
    Regards,
    Pedestrian

    Pedestrian Ooi, Jun 1, 2007
  7. Thanks for the post.... it's really useful.
    --
    Regards,
    Pedestrian

    Pedestrian Ooi, Jun 1, 2007