    recommendations, however I would like to know in the real would what you
    guys the books and how to prepare for this paper?

    Thanks

    Alan T, Oct 24, 2007

  2. Alan T

    Dave lloyd Guest

    Hi Alan,
    The best way to prepare for the 431 exam is follow the MS book, check out
    the whitepapers on SQL 2005, and most importantly of all....play with the
    software, know it well, and you will be fine

    Dave lloyd, Oct 24, 2007

  3. Alan T

    Guest

    Alan,

    I'm admittedly a little biased, but I think this is a good book for
    preparing for the 70-431 (and also the 70-443 and 70-444):
    MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam Guide
    (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444).

    It includes instructions on how to download and install an evaulation
    copy of SQL Server 2005, exercises on how to actually perform many of
    the tasks that you'll be tested on, and videos that show exactly how
    to do many of the tasks. It also includes information on how to use
    SQL Server Books Online to dig deeper on your own, and test banks on
    the CD that you can use to help you prepare for the actual test.

    There are many books out there. You don't necessarily have to
    purchase a book published by Microsoft or attend a Microsoft course.

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    Mcitpsuccess.com
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam

    On Oct 23, 8:55 pm, "Alan T" <> wrote:
    > I would like to kick start to this paper, although I am a application
    > developer.
    > Ideally I should follow the books from MS Certificaiton web site
    > recommendations, however I would like to know in the real would what you
    > guys the books and how to prepare for this paper?
    >
    > Thanks

    , Oct 26, 2007