70-340

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Disillusioned_01, Jun 29, 2004.

  1. Any suggestions on books on this?

    Disillusioned_01, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Disillusioned_01

    Ernesto Guest

    I'm not going to be so sacarstic like certain people, only
    saying "MSDN", so i suggest you to get the "Writing Secure
    Code", most of the code only applies to C/C++ but it has a
    very good explanation of the security topics.

    Try to get this DVD: https://msevents-
    eu.microsoft.com/cui/EventDetail.aspx?culture=es-
    ES&EventID=118745972&CountryCode=GB&LanguageCode=en

    The 330 was very hard for me, usually i finished my betas
    with 30 minutes left, not this time, i only had 2 minutes
    left in the end.

    Best Regards
    Ernesto

    Ernesto, Jun 29, 2004

  3. thanx. :)

    Disillusioned_01, Jun 29, 2004
  4. >Any suggestions on books on this?

    ..net Framework Security, Addison-Wesley.

    excellent.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 1, 2004
  5. >I'm not going to be so sacarstic like certain people, only
    >saying "MSDN",

    you can't go wrong with the msdn, assuming that is you read!

    >so i suggest you to get the "Writing Secure
    >Code", most of the code only applies to C/C++ but it has a
    >very good explanation of the security topics.

    the 2nd ed is useful.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 1, 2004
  6. Disillusioned_01

    UAError Guest

    "Ernesto" <> wrote:

    >I'm not going to be so sacarstic like certain people, only
    >saying "MSDN", so i suggest you to get the "Writing Secure
    >Code", most of the code only applies to C/C++ but it has a
    >very good explanation of the security topics.

    Well that one

    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5957.asp

    was for some time recommended on

    along with

    Improving Web Application Security:
    Threats and Countermeasures
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...AA-AF88-4AA5-88D4-0DEA898C31B9&displaylang=en

    but its good to see independent confirmation that it is in
    fact useful.

    I couldn't figure out why

    Building Secure ASP .NET Applications
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=055FF772-97FE-41B8-A58C-BF9C6593F25E

    wasn't directly on the list until I discovered that it was
    listed on an intermediate page.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/ThreatCounter.asp

    and of course

    ..NET Framework Security
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067232184X
    http://www.awprofessional.com/title/067232184X
    http://www.awprofessional.com/articles/article.asp?p=31066

    as already mentioned by Kline.

    I don't think that any of the other sources cover Code
    Access Security (and the related tools) in sufficient
    detail.

    Though somewhat dated you could use this

    Best Practices for Enterprise Security
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/security/bestprac/bpent/bpentsec.mspx

    as a primer.

    >Try to get this DVD: