    hours and 30 questions. Does this reflect the actual exam?

    Neil

    , May 19, 2006

  2. Cerebrus Guest

    The no. of questions and pass mark are the same as for the rest of the
    MCSD exams. Questions range from 35-55 and pass mark is usually 700.
    The time varies a lot, and I don't remember how much time I had for
    this one. My guess is about 2 hrs...

    I don't know about SelfTestSoftware, 'coz I haven't used it.

    HTH,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 19, 2006

  3. whizbang Guest

    I haven't seen an exam on this track that was ever anything but 700 to pass.
    The SelfTest Software for 70-340 is pretty mediocre and doesn't cover much
    of the questions. As a matter of fact, I reported 3 questions with
    incorrect answers to them which they verified. I would get the Exam Cram 2
    book, because it is the most thorough for this subject. I made a very good
    score on this exam because of that book, but I can't say that the helptest
    software helped at all.

    pq

    whizbang, May 22, 2006
  4. Guest

    Well, thanks for that.

    I canot get the Exam Cram 2 book for 70-340 for two reasons. Firstly,
    there is no such book and secondly, there is no such book. Now, I know
    that technically that is only one reason, but it is so important I
    though I should mention it twice.

    Feel free to post the ISBN to the book that helped you through the
    exam, I am willing to be corrected.

    Neil

    P.S. Having looked at your posting history on google all I can say is,
    oh dear.... lol

    , May 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    Should have added, bad choice of alias......

    Neil

    , May 22, 2006
  6. Cerebrus Guest

    >> P.S. Having looked at your posting history on google all I can say is,
    >> oh dear.... lol

    >> Should have added, bad choice of alias...

    Whose posting history are you referring to ? Whose alias are you
    referring to ?

    Here is a link to a previous post of mine, where I have named the books
    I used for preparation :
    <http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad/browse_thread/thread/e951b94a086a0c34>

    The ISBN numbers are not there, but I think you should have no trouble
    finding the books.

    HTH,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 23, 2006
  7. May 22, 2006

    The Microsoft Press book for this was EXCELLENT! One of the new format with
    300 practice questions.... excellently written, was much better than the
    past... .got 936 on the exam.

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Web Site/Blog: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, May 23, 2006
  8. Guest

    Cerebrus,

    Not yours mate, you have been very helpful.

    I was referring to Whizbang, I hadn't seen him on the group so I
    clicked on View Profile on google and the results were a bit eye
    opening. That is the problem with google, you choose an alias and it
    then goes off and links any posts that used the same alias. Whizbang
    is a very good example of that and why it isn't a good idea!!!

    Neil

    , May 23, 2006
  9. whizbang Guest

    You got me on that one.. it was the ONLY exam that I didn't use the exam
    cram book for. I did use the new self paced training book "MCAD/MCSD
    Self-Paced Training Kit: Implementing Security for Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET (Pro-Certification)
    (Hardcover)"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735621217/102-1684444-5505731?v=glance&n=283155Sorry for the confusion.<> wrote in messagenews:...> Well, thanks for that.>> I canot get the Exam Cram 2 book for 70-340 for two reasons. Firstly,> there is no such book and secondly, there is no such book. Now, I know> that technically that is only one reason, but it is so important I> though I should mention it twice.>> Feel free to post the ISBN to the book that helped you through the> exam, I am willing to be corrected.>> Neil>> P.S. Having looked at your posting history on google all I can say is,> oh dear.... lol>

    whizbang, May 23, 2006
  10. Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Neil,

    He he ! I was wondering what is so gruesome about my post history ! I
    think Google links the posts to the email address, not the username. I
    started to post with a different username, and changed it later.

    Cerebrus, May 23, 2006
  11. Guest

    Whizbang,

    Thanks, I've been working through the MS book and found it really
    interesting. I've always been into security so am enjoying it. The
    doubt I have is that I am getting 90% on the self test software
    practice exams and after what you said I am not sure if it is giving me
    false confidence.

    Neil

    , May 23, 2006
  12. HI joseph how are you?

    I just go for my 70-330 exam based on security but I failed, got 610, I find
    it really tought by the way, I got a lot of question based on COM+ security
    and remoting..

    How should I approach my retry? I use the MS press book..
    I was using transender as testing but this test was too simple compared to
    what I get. Should I stay closer to the test of the MS press book ?

    thnaks for your help
    regards
    Serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Aug 18, 2006