    60% on 70-229 exams.

    If anyone has taken 70-330 i'd like to hear what you thought of it. It
    seems I may be more prepared for it - but I dont want to be mistaken.
    Scott M, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Scott M

    Guest

    , Dec 31, 2005

  3. January 1, 2005

    :) DEFINITELY 70-330!!!! :))))))) It is excellent! I firmly think it is the
    best exam they have ever made! This is the ONLY exam for MCSD .Net which has
    the 'Updated' version of Training Kits!!! :)))) That training kit is
    soooooooooo absolutely fabulous!!! :) It even has something like 300
    practice questions!!!! -- and therefore you don't need to pay more money for
    a practice test!

    Personally, I thought it was easier to take than the others. In security,
    there is soooo much which is applicable to all versions of software, and
    therefore there isn't a lot to 'upgrade' between versions! :) Also, there
    is only so many topics covered in the exam, and each one is VERY easily
    rememberable and learnable. I didn't find the exam objectives were something
    like: "Configure a web application's .config file" which does about NO good
    for studying: WHAT part of the web config? :) 70-330 definitely had a very
    defined study pattern and had EXACT answers to the exam questions. :)))))

    As far as 70-229, I say security rules! Frankly from my studying of other
    MCSD exams, I think I've already learned a lot of 70-229 and therefore it is
    very redundent. Also, I don't believe it is in a developer's 'job title' to
    be a DB Admin. Even without 229 in my transcript, I firmly don't believe
    that employers would say "Oh, I don't think you can do DB programming..."
    instead, I they would be estatic about having someone in security!!! :)

    That security exam has helped sooo much in my participation in MSFT betas.
    :) I've found many security flaws due to that exam, and it certainly hasn't
    gone unnoticed! ... if you know what I mean. ;) DEFINITELY go with
    security!!!!

    If you need another reason, take a look at ALL the security exam objectives
    in:

    Security is going to be a VERY main and large part in the new exams, and
    therefore you MUST know it to upgrade. :) Therefore, it is much better to
    learn it now! :)))) Hope this helps!!!!!

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Jan 1, 2006
  4. Scott M

    Scott M Guest

    Thanks for the information, Joseph. Unfortunately, i'm hoping to take the
    test on thursday and have not found the kit locally anywhere. I seem pretty
    well prepared, as i get 90%+ on my online training tests, I also downloaded
    the transcender and selftest sample and got every question right the first
    time around. We'll see how it goes :D

    Scott M, Jan 3, 2006
  5. January 3, 2005

    Sounds like you will do great!!! :) I had a terrible time getting that kit
    too... waited nearly 3 months on wait list through MSFT for it.... and
    eventually cancelled the order as I found it at a local bookstore finally.
    Good luck and let me know if you pass!!! :)

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Jan 3, 2006