    <Sits grinning like a cheshire cat> :cool:

    Bye,
    Peter
    Peter Row, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Peter Row

    MW Guest

    Hello Peter,

    Congrats, man :D:D

    MW, Oct 13, 2005

  3. Peter Row

    Mark Monster Guest

    Hello Peter,

    Congrats!

    Mark Monster

    Mark Monster, Oct 14, 2005
  4. Peter Row

    Guest

    , Oct 14, 2005
  5. Peter Row

    Guest

    , Oct 14, 2005
  6. Peter Row

    Guest

    , Oct 14, 2005
  7. Peter Row

    Guest

    Hey Congrats !

    Im planning to do 70-316 quite soon. Problem is I havnt got enuf
    experience in most of the "objective areas" mentioned in the exam.
    Thats why Im draggin this from Jan 2004. I use the braindumps and the
    official study systesm for reference.

    Some who do the exam say that the braindumps are an exact match of what
    you get in the exam. Is this true, cos then I can hav a better
    undesratnding of what to expect in the exam. Can you tell me what
    exactly helped you in passing the exam.
    , Oct 19, 2005
  8. Peter Row

    Bik Guest

    eraj. I would suggest that you don't really depent on the braindumps,
    transcenders, but instead study couple of good books.

    I've read page by page of Kalani's 70-316, and Wrox's Professional C#,
    and Sam's Learning C# in 21 days. Then I read up on the BrainDump, and
    found it had few errors. Some I couldn't answer. So for all those, I
    went back to VS.NET to do the examples, and got the answers. Some were
    not in Kalani's and I went to Microsoft.

    At the end of it, I think I have a good solid understanding of C#. The
    way Microsoft expects one to have. I'm going to take the test next
    week, and see how it goes.
    Bik, Oct 20, 2005
  9. Peter Row

    Guest

    Good luck Bik,

    I think you'd surely score over 950, the way you have prepared for
    this.
    I infact have Wrox's Professional C# and hav read some chapters here
    and there ( I have read the entire MSPress book for 70-316 and am
    revisiting chapters for revision purposes ) . I hear ppl saying that
    you need to refer external material cos the study packs from Microsoft
    aint good enuf. Well what they dont undesrtand is <b>we dont hav that
    much time to read all these material. Im astounded by what you have
    done.</b>
    And also I do not get to spend much time playing around with VS.net.
    Therefore whatever little time I get, I make sure I spend referring
    70-316 material. Problem comes when you have to stop this habit for
    awhile and then get back to studying again, cos by then you forget what
    you had studied previously.
    But it's one of my ambitions to be MCSD and I wont giv up on it. I
    know the value of getting it specially in my country. So that said, I
    want an easier route to getting it, one which would fit my time
    schedule. I think doing question practice is something in that vein for
    a guy like me.
    , Oct 23, 2005
  10. That's the sipirt!

    But really, you should be spending just as much "hands-on" experience if not
    more, as reading study materials.

    In my opinion, the MS Press books cover some areas in more detail that
    others, plus you have to look elsewhere you get a better understanding of the
    concepts, such as using MSDN, www.gotdotnet.com and www.dotnet247.com.

    To become fully equipped with the knowedge and technical expertise in
    becoming a competent developer, you must continually learn new material, even
    after passing the exams and obtaining the relevant certifications. Although,
    I have the MCAD.NET, my learning on application development continues. This I
    think, is one way of maintaining competency.
    --
    MCAD.NET
    =?Utf-8?B?Lk5FVCBSYWNlcg==?=, Oct 24, 2005
  11. Peter Row

    Guest

    Yes I will definitely spend time to polish my skills even after I
    acquire certification. I love Microsoft technologies that why Im doing
    the certification although I dont get to practice them in my college
    studies, nor did I gain much of it in my Internship period.

    For now it simply is a matter of passing the exams until I attaing my
    status. That done, I will have a reason to enjoy using .net for my
    future endeavours, which will possibly test the limits of my
    certification in its real form.
    , Oct 24, 2005
  12. Peter Row

    CornerBakery Guest

    Well, I passed my test with 960 points out and in 1 hour. Studying
    thoroughly, even more than you need for the test, makes taking this
    test a breeze. Because once you know the answer as you read the
    question, you look at the multiple choices, you'd be able to quickly
    tell which is the right answer.

    Again, my preparation material:
    1. Kalani's book (used 100%, went through every page!)
    2. Wrox Prof. C# (used 60%, as needed. Without this I think I may
    still be having trouble answering questions, especially security and
    assembly related)
    3. Sam's C# in 21 days (used 40%)
    4. Transcenders.
    5. Found old test king - Ver 2, with errors. I resolved the errors. I
    think while resolving errors, I went back to the books and MSDN, helped
    me even more to understand the subject.

    I am now onto preparing for 315 using Kalani's.
    CornerBakery, Oct 31, 2005