    using braindumps, and what ones if any would be worth my time?

    Thanks,
    Bill

    BFlaherty, Dec 27, 2003

  2. BFlaherty

    |{evin Guest

    On 27 Dec 2003 10:53:50 -0800, (BFlaherty)
    wrote:

    >I have thouroughly studied numerous books to prepare for the 70-316
    >exam, for my money Kalani's book is the best, and I have contacted the
    >author several times with questions about the book, and he responds
    >quickly. I easily pass the transcender exams for this test, as well as
    >preplogic, and measure up test exams (although I think that measure up
    >sucks, and transcender is great). I want to make sure that I pass the
    >test on the first try.

    No doubt there.. the tests aint cheap.

    >Can anyone tell me if the braindump products
    >actually help? Can anyone let me know offline their experiences with
    >using braindumps, and what ones if any would be worth my time?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Bill

    Mike Phelps at Microsoft is the man you need to ask about this...
    write him at

    |{evin, Dec 28, 2003

  3. BFlaherty

    Hermit Dave Guest

    LOL

    Hermit Dave, Dec 28, 2003
  4. BFlaherty

    Eric Guest

    I think you're ready now. Stop delaying your future. Go for it!

    Eric

    Eric, Dec 29, 2003
  5. BFlaherty

    techie Guest

    I want to learn vc# in the new year but I haven't used .NET yet. Can I use
    Kalani's books to learn it (as I want to take the exams too) or do I have to
    use a beginners book first?

    techie, Dec 31, 2003
  6. BFlaherty

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I want to learn vc# in the new year but I haven't used .NET yet. Can I use
    >Kalani's books to learn it (as I want to take the exams too) or do I have to
    >use a beginners book first?

    What do you actually know? If you don't understand oop, get a primer
    on oop first, before embarking on learning c# (or any other oop
    language).

    Kline Sphere, Dec 31, 2003
  7. BFlaherty

    techie Guest

    I'm a vc++ programmer and passed 70-016. I know about oop.

    techie, Dec 31, 2003
  8. in that case just go with a self paced training kit (is used microsoft's.
    don't know the kalani books).
    i also used microsoft curriculum 2555a. this touches on a few topics that
    the self paced book didn't talk about.
    MSDN is good for in depth info about several topics.

    then go for the exam.
    you can test your skills at
    if you pass those (for the topic that you want to take exam for of course)
    you should be able to pass the actual exam without too much problems.

    kind regards,
    Bruno.

    Bruno van Dooren, Dec 31, 2003
  9. BFlaherty

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I'm a vc++ programmer and passed 70-016. I know about oop.

    In that case a 'beginners' book would be a waste of time.

    You'll find c# a breeze to learn.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 31, 2003
  10. BFlaherty

    techie Guest

    Thanks. I'll probably buy Kalani's books and work through them. Do they
    have labs like the MS Press books?

    techie, Dec 31, 2003
  11. BFlaherty

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Do they
    >have labs like the MS Press books?

    I'm sorry I don't know. It seems a popular book, so maybe check out
    the reviews and/or the publisher's web site.

    Kline Sphere, Jan 1, 2004
  12. BFlaherty

    john sermini Guest

    Yes, I am using the Kalani book, and it does have labs. Lots of labs.I also
    read the suggested MS Press books, and I feel that the kalani book is
    stronger and more complete than the MS Press books...

    John

    john sermini, Jan 1, 2004
  13. BFlaherty

    Eric Guest

    Don't confuse the C# language with the areas covered by the tests.

    If you want to learn the language first, then get one of the many good
    books on C#. I like "Programming C#, by Jesse Liberty.

    After you learn the language, the Kalani books are great for teaching
    you the core application areas.

    If you try to learn C# from the Kalani books, it will certainly work to
    some extent, but you won't have a well-rounded knowledge of C#. There's
    a lot of language-specific things you don't have to know for the tests.

    Eric

    Eric, Jan 2, 2004