    are not realistic, or is Microsoft actually testing on that type of
    knowledge. I would expet the exam to be heavy on ADO.Net, OO design
    etc. Can anybody lead me in the right direction?
    Dan, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Dan

    Grant Guest

    That example about the best way to draw a blue dashed
    rectangle on the form is a load of bollocks.

    Get your hands on SelfTest or MeasureUp test exams... the
    actual exams were quite similar.

    test. I've
    >been developing in ASP.net and Windows applications

    since the beta
    >versions. The reason I got the book was because I

    figured that I just
    >need a quick refresher on topics I may not have used a

    lot. I tried a
    >couple of tests that came with the book (PrepLogic

    practice exams) and
    >to my surprise a lot of the questions are on topics that

    just don't
    >make sense to me. For example, they will have code

    snippets on what is
    >the best way to draw a blue dashed rectangle on the

    form. Who cares
    >about stuff like that? Is it just that the test exams

    that I installed

    Grant, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Dan

    Guest Guest

    don't worry about those questions. even though you won't
    be able to answer to EVERY question (how knows the MSDN on
    the tip of the tongue ??), the actual exam is very similar
    to those training exams. just focus on those.

    good luck !

    Guest, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Dan

    Guest Guest

    In my experience (I used the Que Exam Cram 2 book and the
    free Preplogic test exam software), the book is a very
    good overview with pertinent example questions in it.
    However, I found the Preplogic software sample questions
    to be poorly worded, and of limited relevance to the
    actual exam (I passed by the way).
    I have found the SelfTest and MeasureUp ones to be the
    best.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Dan

    imitrache Guest

    What materials did you use to study?

    I have some materials for 70-300, we can discuss about exams, send me an
    email at

    Regards,

    imitrache, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Dan

    wantajob Guest

    Hi there,

    Just gave 70-316 2 days back...failed the test by 15 marks...got 685
    REALLY want to clear the exam second time. If any of u guys have sampl
    questions/brain dumps..pls post it...Thank

    wantajo
    wantajob, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Dan

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Just gave 70-316 2 days back

    What did you give it?
    Kline Sphere, Nov 11, 2003
  8. wantajob wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > Just gave 70-316 2 days back...failed the test by 15 marks...got 685.
    > REALLY want to clear the exam second time. If any of u guys have sample
    > questions/brain dumps..pls post it...Thanks

    I believe it was P.T. Barnum who said, "If at first you don't succeed,
    cheat like a weasel."
    General Protection Fault, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Dan

    Eric Engler Guest

    I agree about PrepLogic. Those tests are off the mark, and way too
    easy. If you use PrepLogic tests as a gage of your progress, you'll
    get a rude awakening!

    Eric
    Eric Engler, Nov 12, 2003
  10. Dan

    vivekv2078 Guest

    Hi

    I am also preparing for 70-316 using Amit Kalani's book I find the boo
    very good ( very big but good) I am also able to answere most of th
    question from each chapter and also from the Practice test at the en
    of the book. But I just cant get my way around Preplogic software exa
    ...I feel that it is too close to knowing each and every method of al
    the classes etc. and so I am not able to ans most of the question fro
    Preplogic.

    As a matter of fact I was quite confident that I would be able to pas
    the exam while I was reading through the book but have a a go a
    Preplogic I am totaly loosing my confidence.

    Any ideas on how this book is
    MCAD/MCSD EXAM (70-316) QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, WITH HANDS ON LABS
    Developping WINDOWS APPLICATIONS WITH Visual C# [E-BOOK: ADOBE READER]

    http://tinyurl.com/x01s

    I am thinking of getting it.

    vive

    vivekv207
    vivekv2078, Nov 29, 2003
  11. Dan

    John Smith Guest

    Hiya, I have been preparing using Microsoft's official Training Kits and
    even I am able to comfortably answer the excercises in the books but I have
    failed each and every practice test I took on many of the testing websites
    available. The pass % is a staggering 80 !! i.e. out of 50 you can get only
    40 wrong and in case of questions with multiple answers, getting even one
    answer wrong discounts all other answers !! I have cancelled my test now as
    even after lots of effort I feel severely underprepared for the final exam.
    In the next few months I am planning to do as many practice tests as I can
    lay hands on. I have to conclude that these exams are one of the toughest I
    have come across.

    If you think about it, it very good way in a way as there would be some
    credibility if you manage to pass the test.
    John Smith, Nov 30, 2003
  12. Dan

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >The pass % is a staggering 80 !! i.e. out of 50 you can get only
    >40 wrong

    I would work on your math first.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 30, 2003
  13. The PrepLogic exams are the worst I have ever encountered. A complete waste
    of time. You would do much metter to use Transcender practice exams (which
    I have used) and MeasureUp (I haven't used them, but I've read they are
    equally good).

    The Katani books are otherwise a great tool for learning the material on the
    exams.

    --
    Peter Bernhardt
    SharpSense Software LLC

    ********************************
    Remove Spanish word for Spam when replying
    ********************************

    Peter Bernhardt, Nov 30, 2003
  14. vivekv2078 wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am also preparing for 70-316 using Amit Kalani's book I find the book
    > very good ( very big but good) I am also able to answere most of the
    > question from each chapter and also from the Practice test at the end
    > of the book. But I just cant get my way around Preplogic software exam
    > ..I feel that it is too close to knowing each and every method of all
    > the classes etc. and so I am not able to ans most of the question from
    > Preplogic.
    >
    > As a matter of fact I was quite confident that I would be able to pass
    > the exam while I was reading through the book but have a a go at
    > Preplogic I am totaly loosing my confidence.

    Those PrepLogic exams are crap. The questions are nothing like what
    you'll see on the exam. The questions from Kalani's books, however, are
    exactly like what you'll see on the exam.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 30, 2003
  15. Dan

    vivekv2078 Guest

    Thanks a lot for the quick reply, now all that I have to do is decide i
    I should spend somemore moeny on getting Transcender or someothe
    testing tool or just read Amit Kaliani's book and assume that it wil
    be enought for me to pass.

    Just one more question, what is the passing score like ..I know tha
    there are about 70 question but is there like marks given per queestio
    or does it just say pass/fail at the end of the exam.
    Moreover in case I fail is there a discounted retest fee ?

    regards
    Vive

    vivekv207
    vivekv2078, Dec 2, 2003