    buy a door step book which just covers solid ADO.NET or .NET security!

    Many thanks
    Simon.
    Simon Hart, Jan 9, 2006

  2. January 9, 2005

    I must disagree that the MS Press books are crap.... I studied them
    completely during my MCSD .Net path (okay, for 70-300 I needed an extra book
    besides the MS Press and the ONLY other was an Exam Cram), and read over
    9200+ pages. :)

    As far as more ADO/Security topics, that gets a little tricky if you don't
    want to buy specialized books. Frankly, I think your best bet is to look at
    some articles on msdn.microsoft.com... some good security ones might be able
    "SQL Injection", "Least privilege code", and there is the Implementing
    Security For Web Applications (Best Practices book) which is completely free
    and available online! :) Although you have to read it online, that book has
    a lot of great information in it!!! ;) I read the whole thing.... It is
    somewhere under the "Best Practices" library or something like that... Hope
    this helps!!!!!

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    Excellent Joseph, thanks again for your valued input!

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    I have the larger Amit Kalani book somewhat 1100 pages, and I'ved read every
    one of them! Is it worth purchasing exam cram as well? I understand its a
    less comprehensive book. I'm thinking buy the book mainly for the short
    tests.

    Cheers

    Simon Hart, Jan 9, 2006
  5. January 9, 2005

    I think I missed something.... are you saying you found an 1100 page book
    for 70-300? :D If so, I sure wish I would have found that when I took it! -
    Probably you don't need to buy the exam cram, if it is 1100 pages.

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Jan 9, 2006
  6. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    I was talking about 70-316 not 70-300. Yes its 1100 pages. It's like a door
    step! Plus I have Wrox Press C# 2nd edition which is around 600 pages (I
    think).
    I was thinking the more books I read, the more likely I will pass.

    Simon Hart, Jan 9, 2006
  7. January 9, 2005

    :) Yes, the more you read the more likely you will pass..... I think if
    you read those books, you definitely have 'prepared' enough. I think I read
    about 1300 pages for 70-306. - I don't think you need to buy & read Exam
    Cram.

    I think this answered your question? - If not, let me know... lol I've gone
    too long without taking a break and my memory is failing slightly :)....

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Jan 9, 2006
  8. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    You have answered great, thank you. Take your long deserved break!

    Simon Hart, Jan 10, 2006