70-315 A. Kalani Book has error(s) not listed in the errata???

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by jqpdev, Dec 7, 2003.

  1. jqpdev

    jqpdev Guest

    Hello all,

    I grabbed the training guide book 70-315 by Amit Kanali, published by Que.
    I downloaded the book errata from the publishers website. On pg. 115 Kalani
    lists a javascript function that is supposed to display and javascript
    alert. However, the parameters sent to the alert function are incorrect.
    Here is what Kalani sends to the alert function:

    document.StepByStep2_3.txtName.value +
    ", thank you for subscribing to " +
    document.StepByStep2_3.ddlNewsletter.value);

    The statements above are attempting to access the DOM heirarchy and are
    incorrect. I check the errata PDF file and there is no mention of this. I
    was able to figure it out using intellisense, but as a c# newb is can be
    quite confusing/frustrating. I was able to get rid of the javascript errors
    by changing the above to:

    alert( document.Form1.txtName.value +
    ", thank you for subscribing to " +
    document.Form1.ddlNewsletter.value );

    Has anyone come across other such instances?
    jqpdev, Dec 7, 2003

  2. jqpdev wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I grabbed the training guide book 70-315 by Amit Kanali, published by Que.
    > I downloaded the book errata from the publishers website. On pg. 115 Kalani
    > lists a javascript function that is supposed to display and javascript
    > alert. However, the parameters sent to the alert function are incorrect.
    > Here is what Kalani sends to the alert function:
    >
    > document.StepByStep2_3.txtName.value +
    > ", thank you for subscribing to " +
    > document.StepByStep2_3.ddlNewsletter.value);
    >
    > The statements above are attempting to access the DOM heirarchy and are
    > incorrect. I check the errata PDF file and there is no mention of this. I
    > was able to figure it out using intellisense, but as a c# newb is can be
    > quite confusing/frustrating. I was able to get rid of the javascript errors
    > by changing the above to:
    >
    > alert( document.Form1.txtName.value +
    > ", thank you for subscribing to " +
    > document.Form1.ddlNewsletter.value );
    >
    > Has anyone come across other such instances?

    This would have happened if you renamed the default project form as
    opposed to creating a new one.
    General Protection Fault, Dec 8, 2003