    VB.Net no experience. Thanks in advance.

    Thanks
    Sri

    Sri, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Sri

    Raja Guest

    Sri,

    While Mike's book (Amazon link : tinyurl.com/5hapf ) is
    good for the exam prep, it's definitely not adequate. I
    would advise you to refer to MSDN for the topics where
    you think you need more coverage.

    Also, your ADO.net skills need to be sharp. I would
    advise you to refer to this wonderful tome by David
    Sceppa (Amazon link : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9 ). It's
    useful both for the exam as well as the long road ahead
    in work !

    Good luck !

    - Raja.

    Is
    >this only book is enough to prepare or do i have to

    refer
    >more books? I am new to MCAD. I have basic knowledge

    about

    Raja, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Sri

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Raja,

    Can i find Mike's book in the library. I mean is it
    available in the library?

    Thanks
    Sri

    Guest, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Sri

    Raja Guest

    Re: Re: 70-306

    Okay, I read this one after I replied to your "library"
    post. Obviously, you know where you reside and therefore
    you need to check at your local library. I won't and
    can't do that for you !

    - Raja.

    Raja, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Sri

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Re: Re: 70-306

    touched a bad nerve huh ?

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 16, 2004
  6. Sri

    Raja Guest

    Re: Re: Re: 70-306

    Yeah, probably ! :)

    While Iam patient most of the times, some questions (like
    this one - Can I find it in the library ?) do flare me
    up !

    <Venting>
    People need to understand that folks who respond to their
    post do so out of their own time and they need to respect
    that ! Hey, I can understand if someone posts like "I
    checked for this book @ my so-and-so local library and
    can't get it. Is it available someplace ?" But, questions
    like the one posted here do sound silly & stupid. Why
    can't you go and check in your local library ? Are you so
    royal that you expect someone else to do it for you ?
    </Venting>

    We don't expect you to appreciate those who respond to
    you. Atleast, respect their time and ask some valid
    questions !

    - Raja.

    Raja, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Sri

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Re: Re: Re: 70-306

    i can understand. I have seen that happen. And some times you come across
    really really stupid requests.
    i mean what kind of person would
    a. ask you if you have any eBooks they can download for free :)
    b. you reply saying its not legal and you get abused :)

    Local libraries do programming / certification stuff ? i didnt know
    microsoft cert was that famous ? what library and whereabouts ?

    Abosutely, if someone replies with even a half decent answer the person
    should say thank you.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 16, 2004
  8. Sri

    Donna F. Guest

    Re: Re: Re: 70-306

    Yeah, I get the impression some people think the MS folks
    are sitting around answering these posts???

    LMAO

    ~Donna F.

    P.S.
    Appreciate everyone that helped me on recommendations for
    books - I had already bought MS and after reading through
    it I can see why everybody recommends Mike's. I bought it
    this weekend and you all are right on!

    Donna F., Sep 21, 2004
  9. Sri

    Saga Guest

    Re: Re: Re: 70-306

    I have seen some cert books at the library where I have gone,
    but can't remember which.. not even which cert (if MS at all).

    The OP does not even mention city, state or country, so
    aside from what was said... there are an awful lot of libraries
    out there! <g>

    I have found that this ng provides lots of info of which books can
    and have been used to get the certs. I have also noticed that different
    folks use different book/techniques to pass their exams, so no one
    solution is the best. I had never heard of Mike Gunderloy before I
    came here and now I have various options, such the Mike book series,
    the MS press and the Exam cram series, plus a few others, like the
    practice exams.

    People that make somewhat "odd" questions are not informed and
    I suspect most don't know how to get informed. This comes from
    training and/or experience that has set them in a certain state of mind,
    so when something "outside the box" comes along, they must rethink
    the way to solve problems. Strangely (from what I have read here)
    taking these exams is one way that MS attempts to find out whether
    one can solve problems, not just know the technology. For those
    who are strating down the cert road.. you have options:

    Look at the MS web site, use its search facilities for MCAD, MCSD, etc.
    Come to these ngs and read, read, read!
    Look at Amazon, search for MCAD, MCSD, MCSE, and for authors
    and/or titles mentioned here.
    Use Google to find out more about these exams and resources

    There is a lot of info here and everywhere. Once you know what you
    don;t understand, then ask ask ask!!! ;-)

    In closing ("finally" everyone mutters!) I just want to say thanks to
    all for their -patience- and for sharing knowledge, experience and
    hopefully a little wisdom.

    Good week to all
    Saga

    "Hermit Dave" <> wrote in