    Do I need to study additional material?

    Appreciate your time

    Thanks

    Sanjay, May 30, 2004

  2. Sanjay

    SJ Guest

    Do you need additional study material? Absolutely.

    I truly don't think the MSPress books are designed as a single source
    with any of the exams, at least that has not been my experience wtih
    any of them, including this one.

    As a supplement to the MSPress book for this test, (or instead of),
    here's a good source:
    MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-305): Developing and Implementing Web
    Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NET by Mike
    Gunderloy Que ISBN 0789728184

    I never stop at a single book, but Gunderloy has done an excellent job
    at presenting the relevant material on the test.

    HTH,

    sj
    MCAD, MCSD...
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, May 30, 2004

  3. Sanjay

    Eric Guest

    Sanjay wrote:

    > How is developing windows based applications with
    > Microsoft visual basic .net book by
    > Matthew a. Stoecker from microsoft press.

    Get the Que book by Mike Gunderloy (the Training Guide). You'll be glad
    you did.

    But, if you can memorize what you read the first time, the MSPress book
    is better.

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Sanjay

    Sanjay Guest

    Thank you guys for your reply.

    It was too late I asked the question about MS press book.
    As I had a test on the next day. I Appeared for test 70-
    306 on 05/30/04 and cleared with 825 score.

    Could you please tell me which book I should use for test
    70-229. I am selecting 70-310 and 70-229 for MCAD in
    addition to 70-706. Is it good combination?

    Please advise.

    Sanjay

    Sanjay, Jun 3, 2004
  5. Sanjay

    Eric Guest

    Sanjay wrote:

    > It was too late I asked the question about MS press book.
    > As I had a test on the next day. I Appeared for test 70-
    > 306 on 05/30/04 and cleared with 825 score.

    Congrats!

    > Could you please tell me which book I should use for test
    > 70-229.

    I used the Sybex book along with Transcenders. I don't really like that
    book much, but it was the best one I could find for 70-229. If you have
    some background in SQL Server you might get by with Transcenders or
    MeasureUp only.

    > I am selecting 70-310 and 70-229 for MCAD in
    > addition to 70-706. Is it good combination?

    I assume you mean 70-306. This is a good combo.

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Sanjay

    Guest Guest

    HI Eric:

    Could you tell me what is transcenders for 70-229? Also
    Could you please tell me the ISBN number for the book you
    mentioned?

    Thanks

    Sanjay

    Guest, Jun 11, 2004