    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    George
    GeorgeM, Jul 9, 2004

  2. GeorgeM

    Eric Guest

    70-306 is harder.
    Eric, Jul 12, 2004

  3. GeorgeM

    Marty McFly Guest

    70-306 is harder? REALLY?? I took 70-216 (after three months' preparation)
    twice and failed miserably. I have never had trouble with ANY of the 10+
    Microsoft exams under my belt except for that one.

    Thankfully, I got out of networking and am into developing. I'm preparing
    for 70-306 right now...are there certain topics to watch out for, or should
    I just quit now before I spend $125 for the exam? :)

    Marty McFly, Jul 13, 2004
  4. GeorgeM

    Eric Guest

    Marty McFly wrote:

    > 70-306 is harder? REALLY?? I took 70-216 (after three months'
    > preparation) twice and failed miserably. I have never had trouble
    > with ANY of the 10+ Microsoft exams under my belt except for that one.

    I assume you know that MS has revamped their exams and the .NET exams
    are the hardest they've ever had. Which isn't saying that it's bad to
    have hard tests ... consider the reason for the tests: to show who
    knows how to do the job.

    > Thankfully, I got out of networking and am into developing. I'm
    > preparing for 70-306 right now...are there certain topics to watch
    > out for, or should I just quit now before I spend $125 for the exam?
    > :)

    I recommend actual hands-on experience before taking any of the .NET
    exams.

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 13, 2004
  5. GeorgeM

    Marty McFly Guest

    <Eric> wrote in message news:...
    > Marty McFly wrote:
    >
    > > 70-306 is harder? REALLY?? I took 70-216 (after three months'
    > > preparation) twice and failed miserably. I have never had trouble
    > > with ANY of the 10+ Microsoft exams under my belt except for that one.

    > I assume you know that MS has revamped their exams and the .NET exams
    > are the hardest they've ever had.

    Nope...I didn't know that...good to know.

    >Which isn't saying that it's bad to
    > have hard tests ... consider the reason for the tests: to show who
    > knows how to do the job.
    >
    > > Thankfully, I got out of networking and am into developing. I'm
    > > preparing for 70-306 right now...are there certain topics to watch
    > > out for, or should I just quit now before I spend $125 for the exam?
    > > :)

    > I recommend actual hands-on experience before taking any of the .NET
    > exams.

    Yes, sir! (I once worked with a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator) that
    gave me a lot of blank stares when we talked about private IP addresses...so
    very sad.)

    Marty McFly, Jul 13, 2004
  6. GeorgeM

    Eric Guest

    Marty McFly wrote:

    > Yes, sir! (I once worked with a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator)
    > that gave me a lot of blank stares when we talked about private IP
    > addresses...so very sad.)

    I think he works for my company now :-(

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 13, 2004
  7. GeorgeM

    Marty McFly Guest

    <Eric> wrote in message news:...
    > Marty McFly wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, sir! (I once worked with a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator)
    > > that gave me a lot of blank stares when we talked about private IP
    > > addresses...so very sad.)

    > I think he works for my company now :-(

    Good luck. I may know of a few risk management certifications you could
    pursue. :)

    Marty McFly, Jul 14, 2004
  8. >I took 70-216 (after three months' preparation)
    >twice and failed miserably

    Maybe because they never gave you the answers before hand...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 17, 2004
  9. GeorgeM

    Marty McFly Guest

    > Maybe because they never gave you the answers before hand...

    What exactly are you insinuating, Kline?
    Marty McFly, Jul 19, 2004
  10. >> Maybe because they never gave you the answers before hand...

    >What exactly are you insinuating, Kline?

    <snip poster='Marty MMcFly'>

    ..after lectures and labs, we DID use Test King exams to prepare for
    the
    actual exams. Many of the questions on the real exam were
    word-for-word out
    of the Test King exams. I will always be ashamed of that.

    </snip>

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 19, 2004
  11. GeorgeM

    Marty McFly Guest

    > I will always be ashamed of that.

    ....which is exactly why I wouldn't ever do it again.
    Marty McFly, Jul 19, 2004
  12. >> I will always be ashamed of that.

    >...which is exactly why I wouldn't ever do it again.

    I never said you would!

    try www.itscalledsarcasm.com

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 19, 2004
  13. GeorgeM

    Pollux Guest

    In article <>, The Poster
    Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> says...
    > >> I will always be ashamed of that.

    > >...which is exactly why I wouldn't ever do it again.

    > I never said you would!
    >
    > try www.itscalledsarcasm.com
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    People keep on posting this url, but it doesn't work. Are you sure it's
    correct?

    Also, I've heard that you can make lots of money as an MCNGP and improve
    your success with the ladies. How does one become one? I couldn't find
    any information. Not that I looked or anything. My religion prevents me
    from using search engines.

    Please kindly assist.
    Pollux, Jul 19, 2004