70-305 tips & tricks ...

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by MCSD Mama, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. MCSD Mama

    MCSD Mama Guest

    Took 70-305 (VB.Net web exam) and passed it with a score
    of 854.

    EXAM : 55 questions, 2 hours, NOT Adaptive, all multiple-
    choice format (About 4 or 5 were questions with 2 or 3
    correct choices), NO new format questions (like hotlink,
    drag & drop etc.), Passing score 700

    PREPARATION : Used Mike Gunderloy's book (covers all the
    examination topics but be sure to checkout the errata @
    http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt). Also studied some
    topics from MSDN and gotdotnet.com. Used Transcender (3
    exams), one preplogic exam (comes with the 70-305 Mike's
    book). (Also, try the free practice exam @
    http://www.certifyexpress.com/examindex.cfm?quizid=68)

    Remember, the key thing is to know a wide variety of
    topics since the exam covers a lot of areas. So, once you
    go through Mike's 70-305 book, then you can concentrate on
    the depth @ MSDN

    TIP : Be sure to read the dataset.merge method thoroughly.
    All the practice tests as well as the real exam, had a
    question on it

    Good luck !

    Now, onto 70-310 ....

    MCSD Mama, Jun 1, 2004

  2. MCSD Mama

    Guest Guest

    Thanks mama....
    This is what exactly I was looking to know before I appear
    for the real exam this thursday..

    Also I did the steps of preparation like you.. Let's see
    how the big day goes.

    Thanks again.. Share your 70-310 after you finish.. Have
    you decided on the book yet?

    -Mamee
    NC

    Guest, Jun 1, 2004

  3. MCSD Mama

    MCSD Mama Guest

    I changed my mind and decided to do the C# Windows exam
    first (I did vb.net web exam, now C# windows and then
    vb.net xmlws, Call me crazy if u want !)

    Using Amit Kalani book for C# Windows and will be using
    Mike's book for XML WS as I feel that other books are not
    good enough ! (If you don't believe me, check the Amazon
    Marketplace prices for Que books vs other guides)

    Anybody know, how good are the MeasureUp practice tests
    for C# Windows ? Iam planning to get this bundled with the
    voucher @ http://getcertified4less.com/microsoft.asp

    - MCSD Mama

    MCSD Mama, Jun 2, 2004
  4. MCSD Mama

    smita Guest

    Hi mama
    If u want to sell Mike Gunderloy's book for exam 70-305
    pls mail me :

    smita, Jun 10, 2004