70-305 preperations, Books and material suggestions ?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Erik, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. Erik

    Erik Guest

    Hi everyone! :)

    Iam currently planning to start studying for the 70-305
    (Web Applications with Visual Basic.NET) exam.
    My background in IT is BachelorDegree in information
    Technology and 2 years working experince (mostly simple
    ASP,SQL and VB6 stuff, half year simple VB.net).

    I now want to start on an MCAD cert and in that regard
    have some questions about the 70-305 exam which iam going
    to take first:

    1. Which book is the best? , i have heared a lot og
    positive things about Gunderloy's book...

    2. Which exam pratice tests are the best ? I have heared
    that Transcender no longer closely follows the actual exam
    questions...

    3. After going through Gunderloy/MSPress/or whatever book
    you guys suggest AND doing some exam pratice tests - will I be ready
    for taking the test or will some extra reading be requiered
    (books,guides,msdn etc) ? I have heared that the ADO.net stuff is a
    little "weak" in the books...

    4. Anyone have a good book for 70-305 for sale ?

    Any reply will be appreciated :)
    btw: Sorry for my bad english - iam from Norway!

    Erik, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Erik

    Guest

    , Apr 27, 2005

  3. Erik

    GoodLuck Guest

    LOTS OF VALUABLE INFORMATION - FYI & FAQ

    Great Exam Prep. - Microsoft Skills Assessments are FREE.

    These assessments are like mini certification tests. You
    can take as many assessments as you need or want to and
    there is no cost. You can find these Assessments at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/assessment/default.asp.
    If you need help, you can also find excellent free
    detailed Q&A support for these assessments at
    http://disnetinc.com/.
    SEE FAQ AT: http://disnetinc.com/FAQ.htm

    These assessments are maintained by Microsoft to insure
    they are current with today's technologies. Industry uses
    these assessments to measure your skill sets, so
    completing them successfully is in your best interest.
    Certified Professionals are also being asked by industry
    to complete these assessments to verify their credentials
    are current. Don't wait until you are asked, stay ahead of
    the curve. Do the necessary assessment now. At your
    discretion, Microsoft records and password protects your
    results, which are then available via the internet for
    you to present to your colleagues and industry.

    OTHER INVALUABLE RESEARCH INFORMATION

    Remember, if it is necessary to retake a certification
    exam you can "Get a Free second shot" at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/. Do
    not take more than one exam on the same day. This is a
    recipe for failure. The sequence you take exams in is not
    important. Set the sequence that is best for you. It will
    benefit you to lightly peruse all manuals you may have
    related to your certification efforts to get the bigger
    picture but when you are preparing for an exam focus on
    material specific to the exam.

    You can view all Microsoft Certifications at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.asp .
    From this location you will get the necessary information
    you need to plan and do your training.

    What ever else you do, I encourage you to use Microsoft's
    Press training material. After all this is their product,
    who better to supply training material? You can view
    Microsoft Press books at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/product.asp. Most
    Microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
    http://www.ebay.com or any other auction site.

    You can find online training using virtual PCs. Details
    here at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/

    A great place to look for support from some of the best
    technical community leaders is Microsoft's MVPs at
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/. You can Find a
    Community for a Microsoft Product or Technology at
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/products/default.mspx.

    You can View New and Upcoming Exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/new.asp

    You can find Simulations in MCP exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/.

    You can find code samples at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/downloads/samples/default.
    aspx and http://gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/

    Microsoft E-Learning
    Microsoft E-Learning Course Catalog - Some Courses are
    Free at:
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#exc
    hangeServer
    Microsoft E-Learning > FREE > Office >
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#off
    ice
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE TRAINING COURSES >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE OFFICE 2003 DEMOS >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010804491033.aspx

    OTHER FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP FILES
    FROM Microsoft E-Learning
    Microsoft E-Learning Course Catalog - Some Courses are
    Free at:
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#exc
    hangeServer
    Microsoft E-Learning > FREE > Office >
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx#off
    ice
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE TRAINING COURSES >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
    Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE OFFICE 2003 DEMOS >
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010804491033.aspx

    OTHER DATED FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP
    FILES FROM: http://www.hotcert.biz/
    70-175 > Designing and Implementing Distributed
    Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. >
    http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-175.zip
    70-176 > Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications
    with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. >
    http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-176.zip
    70-214 > Implementing and Administering Security in a
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Network. >
    http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-214.zip
    70-217 > Implementing and Administering a Microsoft
    Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure.
    http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-217.zip
    70-218 > Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
    Environment. > http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-218.zip
    70-219 > Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory
    Services Infrastructure. > http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-
    219.zip
    70-220 > Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows 2000
    Network. http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-220.zip

    We trust this information will be of value to you in your
    chosen profession.

    GoodLuck, May 1, 2005