    305 then 70-306. Is one reliant on the other, in other
    words is 70-305 a fundamental building block for 70-396?

    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Dave Marden

    Pravin Guest

    It doesn't matter in which order you give the exams. Its just that if you
    have been doing more of .NET web apps then better give 70-305 first , and if
    more of .NET windows apps then 70-306. (assuming you r developing in .NET ).
    If you have no experience in .NET than any exam would do.

    Whichever exam you give, the first exam is going to take more time than the
    others, because topics like security,ADO.NET etc. overlap all the exams.

    Pravin.

    Pravin, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    Appreciated,

    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 29, 2004
  4. There is so much overlap in the material. I think it was codeclinic.com that
    recommends studying for the two exams at the same time. That's good advice.
    Look at Microsoft.com/traincert, and you'll see that ADO.NET is heavy on
    both exams. True. I recommend taking them fairly close together, just to
    keep the material fresh in your mind. When you think about it, there aren't
    too many huge differences in programming web apps and windows apps as far as
    actual coding goes. The differences lie in things like state managment,
    security, where and when events fire, and other such nuances.

    I don't remember how many questions I had on either. I do remember running
    short on time on the 305 and having a surplus on 306.

    Brunswick Lowe, Jan 29, 2004
  5. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    Thanks alot, I appreciate it.