    Press book in)

    Wish me luck :)
    Jonathan
    Jonathan MacCollum, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Jonathan MacCollum

    DalePres Guest

    Good luck Jonathan!!!

    Dale

    "Jonathan MacCollum" <> wrote in message
    Okay guys, for some strange reason I have decided to start
    my MCSD with the 70-300 exam. I'm about 95% confident,
    and I've completely gone through the Exam Cram 2 book, and
    skimmed over the MS Press book here and there.
    The rest of my tests will be taken in the following
    order...

    Web Applications in C#
    Windows Applications in C#
    SQL Server 2000 - Elective
    XML Web Services (or whenever amazon© finally gets this MS
    Press book in)

    Wish me luck :)
    Jonathan

    Justin McDaniel, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Jonathan MacCollum

    Lord2702 Guest

    Pre announcement looks funny ???

    Lord2702, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Jonathan MacCollum

    Jackie Guest

    Bold! Brazen! Give 'em hell!

    Good luck!
    Jackie

    Jackie, Apr 12, 2004
  6. Jonathan MacCollum

    UAError Guest

    "Jonathan MacCollum" <> wrote:

    >Okay guys, for some strange reason I have decided to start
    >my MCSD with the 70-300 exam. I'm about 95% confident,
    >and I've completely gone through the Exam Cram 2 book, and
    >skimmed over the MS Press book here and there.
    > The rest of my tests will be taken in the following
    >order...
    >
    >Web Applications in C#
    >Windows Applications in C#
    >SQL Server 2000 - Elective
    >XML Web Services (or whenever amazon© finally gets this MS
    >Press book in)
    >
    >Wish me luck :)
    >Jonathan

    {FACETIOUS ON}
    Unless you have already passed 70-100 sometime in the past,
    shouldn't this approach automatically disqualify you from
    passing 70-300? Given that the sub-goals to the completion
    of a MSCD.NET are

    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (70-305/315)
    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (70-306/316)
    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (70-310/320)
    - MSCD.NET Core Exam (70-300)
    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Elective Exam

    You should have realized that you can attain some "business
    value" (MCAD) before the close of the project by focusing
    first on either one of the following groupings:

    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (70-305/315)
    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (70-316/316)
    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (70-310/320)

    or

    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (1)
    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Core Exam (2)
    - MSCD.NET/MCAD Elective Exam

    to none of which 70-300 contributes. You may counter that
    you where trying to assess project risk by establishing
    whether or not the project is viable, as success in 70-300
    is essential to the completion of the project. You do this
    however by adding risk to the project, as completion of the
    other three core exams may well have provided you with
    information about .NET's strengths and weaknesses critical
    to the evaluation of 70-300's case studies.
    {FACETIOUS OFF}

    Hope it went well…
    UAError, Apr 12, 2004
  7. Well... On such a rainy day like this, no wonder it didn't
    go so well...
    I should have done what you guys have all said, and taken
    this exam after Web Applications, Web services, and
    Windows Applications. I was extremely strong in the
    logical model, the structures and processes, did
    absolutely horrible in the conceptual design phase
    (despite thats the chapter of the two books that I have
    been reading over and over again for weeks) and did so-so
    on the other areas.
    I expect after I get a little more experience under my
    belt I will be better prepared for this exam. I'm just a
    junior in college, without a job, so I really have no
    experience behind me yet.
    I have been programming in C#.NET for almost 2 years
    now, just creating my own little apps here and there, and
    for class (despite the fact that my college doesn't want
    anything to do witn Microsoft).
    Ah well, here's to my new Certification Exam scheduel...
    Web Applications
    Windows Applications
    SQL Server - Elective
    Analyzing Reqs and Refining .NET Solution Archs
    XML - Web services (Still whenever Amazon can get me the
    book :/ )

    Thanks for your wishes and prayers guys!

    Final Score: 400 (needed 700 to pass)
    Jonathan MacCollum, Apr 12, 2004