    problem on the practice tests that I am using.

    Thanks,

    Jim

    Jim Davis, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Jim Davis

    JJ Guest

    I know what you mean; I kind of have the same problem. I'm
    a slow reader; maybe I have ADD or something and got to
    read things 2 or 3 times to assimilate it. But luckily
    I'm in Puerto Rico. We have an additional 30 minutes for
    the whole 70-300 exam because it's in English (a foreign
    language here, a US territory, go figure!).
    So, if you need a vacation or something, come down to PR
    and take the exam here. :)

    JJ, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Jim Davis

    Tim Guest

    "Jim Davis" <> wrote in message

    > Does anyone know of a system that one can use to review a
    > case study, quickly enough to still be able to pass this
    > test? I have taken the test, but I ran out of time and
    > left some questions unanswered. I am having the same
    > problem on the practice tests that I am using.

    I recommend reading the questions before the case study. I explain that a
    little more and some other case study exam thoughts here:
    http://www.codeclinic.com/MSCaseStudy.htm

    Tim, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Jim Davis

    cjarvis Guest

    I just took the 300 exam and passed, I would definately
    reccomend reading the information in the "All" tab. I
    didn't even bother with reading the individual interveiws
    and went straight to the "All" tab that has all of the
    information contained in each seperate tab. There isnt
    anything that is in the individual interveiws that isnt
    contained in the all tab. It is also handy to use while
    answering the questions, you can refer to all of the
    information in one place, rather than having to search
    through all the different tabs. Reading the questions
    beforehand isnt a bad idea either, that way you get a feel
    for what you are searching for while you read the case
    study.

    cjarvis, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Jim Davis

    JJ Guest

    I post this msg to another thread but could be usefull for
    you tooo...

    I take the 70-300 last Monday and failed. AS you said, I
    did not have a clue of why. That same night I downloaded
    the Trancender. Then I knew why. I re-take it yesterday,
    just 2 days after first attempt and pass. This exam is
    deceivable easy. Questions appears to be simple but most
    of them are very complex. The Trancender do not help me
    acquire more knowledge, but help me on how to approach the
    questions effectively. When you take the exam again ask
    for lots of papers, you'll need them! Do draws, flow
    chart, diagrams, use cases, requirement- functionality
    list, everything, anything!. Pay lots of attention to
    DETAIL, that was my error the first time. On those dreaded
    multiple choices questions, be sure you know why you check
    ones and especially why you DON'T check the others.

    BTW: the Study guide from MSPress is an awesome book.

    JJ, Jul 24, 2003
  6. Jim Davis

    Danny Guest

    Contrary to Tim's suggesion :)
    What I did is read the case study carefully, write down every requirements
    (in the interview tab),
    then go to the questions. If you're not sure then go back to the case study.
    IMHO, to pass the exam you need:

    1. Skill (experience) in designing system
    2. 70-229 (SQL Server 2000 design) skill will help you as well
    3. Understand the case study very well

    Last but not least, don't think 70-300 as a monster, otherwise you'll just
    get nervous first,
    and it will destroy your consentration and your preparation will be in vain.
    :)

    Good luck.

    Danny, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Jim Davis

    Danny Guest

    A matter of preference. :)

    Danny, Jul 28, 2003
  8. Yeah, I agree...you really need the 70-229 skills to tackle the ARDSA
    exam. My 70-100 exam was more than 50% database stuff, and if you are
    good at designing and implementing dbs, then those questions are
    pretty much "gimmies". I've read that there less db stuff on the 300
    exam, but with a significant amount of 229 skills required, it'd be
    good to refine that skillset first be4 taking the ARDSA exam.

    I definately agree with what I read in a previous post...that majority
    of it is just reading comprehension. Also, with what I've read in the
    groups, the 70-300 exam concentrates more on the Microsoft Solutions
    Framework Process Model and Team Roles...unlike the 70-100 exam. The
    100 exam may have hit those topics indirectly, but the 300 exam is
    more intensive with the MSF. Atleast, the case studies I got didn't
    have any MSF-related content; it was mostly database stuff,
    data/process flow diagramming, and just straight q/a reading
    comprehension stuff.

    I am gonna take the 300 exam before the end of September since I
    haven't used my free voucher for it...still have a bit of preparation
    to do...

    Kael

    Kael V. Dowdy, Jul 28, 2003