    done, because it also looks like many questions draw from
    knowledge on the other exams.

    Is this true?
    Galen Wadzinski, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Your are right on. The Transcenders are dead on. 3-4 case studies with 10-15
    questions per case study. And make sure your reading/memory/comprehension is
    sharp!

    The MS Training Kit for 70-300 is good if you're interested in MSF, but it's
    not much help for the exam. The Exam Cram book is excellent however. I
    didn't use it for the exam, but read it after based on recommendations in
    the group here. I can vouch first hand that the content of the book is
    excellent and the question at the end of each chapter and practice exams are
    very relevant.

    HTH,

    --
    Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Galen Wadzinski

    Curly Guest

    I passed this one about three months ago. You're about
    right - three case studies 8-12 questions for each case.
    Read case text carefully - a lot of answers become
    evident if you really scrutininze the specifics of the
    case. Each case is timed separately - once you're done
    with a case and go on to the next one, you can't go
    back. Take your time - read carefully - think it through.

    As far as the MS Press book is concerned, throw it away.
    I agree that the Exam Cram book can really help. Read
    it. If anything in there is not familiar to you - read
    MSDN articles on those topics. But that MS Press book is
    a disgrace - very, very misleading.

    Curly, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Galen Wadzinski

    Greg Guest

    I think Exam Cram was a bit too detailed in some areas (at
    least I didn't see that many ORM questions!).

    However, the PrepLogic test questions were good
    preparation.

    The text from the Microsoft Book is almost identical to
    the online resources. I can't remember the exact URL's
    but if you use msdn.microsoft.com/patterns
    msdn.microsoft.com/architecture and msdn.microsoft.com/msf
    you'll have almost all the materials covered.

    I actually took this test first, and felt like I would
    have had a much easier time if I had taken the other MCSD
    tests already. So the OP should be in good shape.

    Also agree that questions regarding system design all
    almost completely embedded in the case studies. The Exam
    Cram book has a chapter on reading and understanding case
    studies that highlights this skill.

    Greg, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Greg wrote:

    > I think Exam Cram was a bit too detailed in some areas (at
    > least I didn't see that many ORM questions!).

    I had quite a few ORM questions on my 70-300 exam. One of the questions
    had no correct answer, so I chose the "best" answer.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 25, 2003