    system to monitor resource performance. Could someone
    help me out on their logic here. Thanks

    Session
    Session, May 3, 2004

  2. I would read what it says:
    "monitor the performance of your application"

    It is not saying, monitor anything that can give you information about your
    application, but asking you to focus on your application.

    Let's examine:

    Application - a given (TRUE)

    System - can show you what the system is doing at the time, but not what
    your application is doing. (FALSE)

    NOTE: You can sometimes find your app problem in the security log, but it is
    a needle in a haystack at best.

    Security - can show you security events for the OS, but nothing directly
    related to your application (FALSE)

    NOTE: Security can be an application function, but the security log has
    Windows auth events. While it might be useful to see if people are using
    your app as a hole, it does not help you monitor your application.

    Custom - If you want to focus on specific events, separate from the app
    garbage dump (ie, focus only on YOUR app), you have to create a custom log.
    (TRUE)

    Short answer
    -------------
    Application and custom

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 3, 2004

  3. NDA comes to mind......

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 10:48:17 -0700, "Session"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    > I had the following question on my 70-300 exam:
    >
    >If you want to monitor the performance of your
    >application, which event logs should you use (choose 2)?
    >
    >a - Custom Event Log
    >b - Application Event Log
    >c - System Event Log
    >d - Security Event Log
    >
    > I was a little confused because I was thinking that you
    >could use three of them: custom to monitor anything you
    >want, application to monitor application performance, and
    >system to monitor resource performance. Could someone
    >help me out on their logic here. Thanks
    >
    >Session

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 4, 2004