    Looking forward to the exam but trying to figure out a working
    strategy since this format is a bit different from previous ones.

    Thanks for any help!
    Digna_MA, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Digna_MA

    John R Guest

    "Digna_MA" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I assume (based on the MeasureUp pre-tests) that you can do a question
    > review at the end of each case study. Do you also get one 'all
    > inclusive' review of all questions at the end or do you lose the
    > option to review as soon as you advance past each case study?
    >
    > Looking forward to the exam but trying to figure out a working
    > strategy since this format is a bit different from previous ones.
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

    I never took 70-298, but on 70-297, once you moved passed a case study, that
    was it. There was no way to go back to a previous one. Further, any clock
    time that was left on a case study was lost when you moved to the next one.

    One of the strategies that I used was to read the questions first, then go
    back and read the case. This planted seeds in my head of what to look for,
    and also helped me to skim past what wasn't necessary. For example, if I
    didn't find any questions about WINS, then while I was reading the study,
    anything that was about name resolution to unix boxes or wins replication
    was glossed over.

    Even though it sounds like a difficult testing strategy, you will get enough
    time to complete each study. You just can't doddle anywhere. You also have
    to be able to keep straight who says what. For example... Lets say you have
    a small remote site with 10 or so users and the IT manager says it is
    imperative that they be able to log on even if the wan is down. Normally
    that would mean you would put a DC there. But, if the CEO says that keeping
    costs to an absolute minimum is of paramount importance, then you would not
    put a DC there because the CEO trumps the IT manager, and DCs cost money.
    See where I'm going here?

    Good luck.

    John R
    John R, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Digna_MA wrote:
    > I assume (based on the MeasureUp pre-tests) that you can do a question
    > review at the end of each case study. Do you also get one 'all
    > inclusive' review of all questions at the end or do you lose the
    > option to review as soon as you advance past each case study?
    >
    > Looking forward to the exam but trying to figure out a working
    > strategy since this format is a bit different from previous ones.
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

    Be safe and treat each case study as a separate exam, ending when you
    move to the next case study. I don't remember if there was an
    end-review, but I'd count on there NOT being one.

    MeasureUp saved my bacon on 298... I had no idea that the format would
    be case studies till one week prior. I was a tad nervous, but managed
    to pass.

    Good luck,

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Sep 27, 2007
  4. Digna_MA

    Digna_MA Guest

    On Sep 27, 2:45 pm, Mostly Gizzards <>
    wrote:
    > Digna_MA wrote:
    > > I assume (based on the MeasureUp pre-tests) that you can do a question
    > > review at the end of each case study. Do you also get one 'all
    > > inclusive' review of all questions at the end or do you lose the
    > > option to review as soon as you advance past each case study?

    > > Looking forward to the exam but trying to figure out a working
    > > strategy since this format is a bit different from previous ones.

    > > Thanks for any help!

    > Be safe and treat each case study as a separate exam, ending when you
    > move to the next case study. I don't remember if there was an
    > end-review, but I'd count on there NOT being one.
    >
    > MeasureUp saved my bacon on 298... I had no idea that the format would
    > be case studies till one week prior. I was a tad nervous, but managed
    > to pass.
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > MG

    Thanks to both of you for responding. Better safe than sorry is a good
    approach so I will, as suggested treat each case as it's own mini-exam
    and assume that I can't go back at the end. Looking forward to the
    weekend being over so i can pass this thing and move on!
    Digna_MA, Sep 27, 2007
  5. Digna_MA

    tking Guest

    Hey Digna_MA,
    You definitely can't go back once you've moved on to a new testlet. Most
    of the answers to this exam are also process of elimination, in other words,
    if you read the answers carefully, 3 don't even make sense and the 4th one
    is spot on(well, at least in Microsoft's eyes). I also follow the theory of
    reading the questions 1st, then skim back over the scenario. I always go to
    written security policy first, then interviews, then try to answer the
    questions..

    Good Luck!

    TK

    tking, Sep 27, 2007
  6. Correct in thr assumption that you cannot review the xase studies once
    you've moved on to the next one. All of the case study exams are like that,
    at least all the case study exams I've taken for Security, Exchange and SQL.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle