    useful.

    And any other advise for passing. I've heard its tough, requires
    great time management, and alot of people fail on the first try.
    Nate, Sep 10, 2007

  2. Nate

    John R Guest

    "Nate" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can you read the questions before reading the scenario? I heard it
    > doesn't count against your time..
    >
    > Any techniques for taking notes? It seems like as you go through the
    > scenario, jotting down key points so you don't have to go hunting back
    > for them...
    >
    > I haven't bought any but is the Transcender for this any good? $125
    > seems so steep. I'm not even sure if they are considered an illegal
    > braindump, but I've heard the explanations of the questions are
    > useful.
    >
    > And any other advise for passing. I've heard its tough, requires
    > great time management, and alot of people fail on the first try.

    You can read the questions first, however the clock is running. The clock
    does not run while questions are being loaded. For example, when you switch
    from one question to another and it is waiting on pulling up a graphic or
    something like that, the clock stops. But as soon as the question is fully
    loaded, the clock starts up again. Personally, I prefer reading the
    questions first as it puts hints in your head of what to look for in the
    interviews.

    Taking notes should be brief and only the most important items. Again, if
    you are taking notes about wins setup, and then there are no wins questions,
    that time is wasted.

    I have not used transcender. I used the MS Press book which I thought was
    pretty good. I also had real life experience behind me. Maybe someone else
    can comment on transcender.

    The only other advise I can offer is pay attention to who says what. Let's
    take a simple example. You have a branch office with 10 people. The IT
    manager says it is imperative that they be able to log in even when the wan
    is down. That would normally mean you are putting a DC there. However, if
    the CEO says that keeping costs to an absolute minimum is of paramount
    importance, then you probably won't put a DC there since the CEO trumps the
    IT manager, and DCs cost money.

    This test is really about what the customer wants, not what you want. If
    the customer wants to keep bind DNS for example, you need to work around
    that using best practice principles, not replace it with Active Directory
    Integrated DNS.

    Pay special attention to the skills listed here because that is what you
    will be expected to know on this exam...

    Good luck

    John R
    John R, Sep 10, 2007

  3. Nate wrote:
    > Can you read the questions before reading the scenario? I heard it
    > doesn't count against your time..
    >
    > Any techniques for taking notes? It seems like as you go through the
    > scenario, jotting down key points so you don't have to go hunting back
    > for them...
    >
    > I haven't bought any but is the Transcender for this any good? $125
    > seems so steep. I'm not even sure if they are considered an illegal
    > braindump, but I've heard the explanations of the questions are
    > useful.
    >
    > And any other advise for passing. I've heard its tough, requires
    > great time management, and alot of people fail on the first try.

    I purchased a 2-week MeasureUp subscription for 45 bucks. I think the
    price is now 55, but the quality of the practice test was great, and
    affirmed my understanding of the subject material. This was after all
    of my preparation using the Sybex 70-297 exam guide. ISBN:978-0-7821-4321-8

    Good luck,

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Sep 10, 2007
  4. "Nate" <> wrote in message

    > I haven't bought any but is the Transcender for this any good? $125
    > seems so steep. I'm not even sure if they are considered an illegal
    > braindump, but I've heard the explanations of the questions are
    > useful.

    Nate, although I have heard Transcender Practice Tests aren't that good, your
    success with them depends on your study habits. They have worked for some
    people, but not worked for others.

    As for the legitimacy, Transcender was purchased by Kaplan Learning
    (SelfTestSoftware.com) back in 2003. If you're not aware of STS, they are one of
    the only two Microsoft Certified Practice Test Providers. So the proper response
    to your statement would be No, they are not an illegal braindump.

    Here is what we have listed for Transcender:
    http://www.certguard.com/search.asp?Site=Transcender.com&getSite=Search

    You can find information on any certification related website here:
    http://www.certguard.com/search.asp

    You can also get clean results from our Advanced CertSearch:
    http://www.certguard.com/CertSearch.asp

    Here are some other useful links that may interest you:
    Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
    Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Articles: http://www.CertGuard.com/articles.asp
    Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
    Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
    CertSearch http://www.CertGuard.com/search.asp
    Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
    Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
    CertGear: http://www.cafepress.com/certguard

    --
    CertGuard
    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Sep 10, 2007
  5. Nate,
    I took a similar approach to 70-298 (the security design exam). I read
    through each question before reading any of the case study. I wrote down
    what the question was referring to, then, once I had a grasp on what they
    were looking for, I went back through the case study to find the details.

    So to summarize what worked for me.

    1.) Read each question in the testlet before reading the case study.
    2.) Right down hot points or key words in the questions
    words.

    I found this approach easier than trying to soak in the entire case study
    first.

    Good luck!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gRnJhaW9saQ==?=, Sep 12, 2007