    taking the test? I simply ran out of the during the last case which caused
    the most damage. It is my fault, but I should have completed my MCSE by now.
    I just need 70-297 and one elective.
    Tim, Feb 2, 2010

  2. Tim

    Tim Guest

    My apologies, there are quite a few typo's here. I realized that I am pretty
    upset that I failed the test. When I wrote "unless" it means useless. When
    I wrote that I ran out, it means that I ran out of time. I did not run out
    of the testing center.

    Thanks in advance.

    -Tim

    Tim, Feb 2, 2010

  3. Tim

    Chris M Guest

    On 02/02/2010 03:46, Tim wrote:
    > Is it me or is test #70-297 incredibly hard? Compared to the Transcender
    > practice exams, there is so much more unless facts in each case. It is as if
    > the unless facts were placed there to throw off the test taker. I wasted too
    > much time reading all the information about the case, and less time focusing
    > on the test questions. To those who passed the exam, how did you go about
    > taking the test? I simply ran out of the during the last case which caused
    > the most damage. It is my fault, but I should have completed my MCSE by now.
    > I just need 70-297 and one elective.

    I failed 297 the first time for the same reasons - I spent too long
    reading the scenarios before starting the questions.

    The strategy that worked the second time (and it seems that most other
    people seem to do the same) is to just skim the scenario and then go
    straight to the questions - or don't even bother to skim the scenario.
    Read the question, look for information that rules out the wrong
    answers, and repeat.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Chris M.
    Chris M, Feb 2, 2010
  4. Tim

    John R Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Is it me or is test #70-297 incredibly hard? Compared to the Transcender
    > practice exams, there is so much more unless facts in each case. It is as
    > if
    > the unless facts were placed there to throw off the test taker. I wasted
    > too
    > much time reading all the information about the case, and less time
    > focusing
    > on the test questions. To those who passed the exam, how did you go about
    > taking the test? I simply ran out of the during the last case which
    > caused
    > the most damage. It is my fault, but I should have completed my MCSE by
    > now.
    > I just need 70-297 and one elective.

    The design tests are (by design) much more difficult. The strategy of
    reading the questions and then skimming the scenario worked for me as well.
    However, if you really are "up" on all aspects of designing a network, the
    scenarios are actually quite easy. You just don't have time to stop and
    think about it.

    Things to remember....

    1. If the CEO says costs are a major concern and the IT director says he
    wants all locations to be able to authenticate locally, remember that the
    CEO trumps the IT director (no local DCs for you small locations). This
    holds true for all conflicts. CEO/CFO, IT director, Managers, then users.
    2. If the customer says they want to keep their existing BIND structure, I
    don't care how much you want to replace it with DNS, that is what the
    customer wants (especially if they have unix/vms/name your os machines in
    place).
    3. This is a test about the Microsoft way of doing things. Let's face it,
    almost nobody in the real world uses RRAS, most people have Cisco VPN
    concentrators or the like. (Although, recently we've been using TS Gateway
    which is RRAS based). But this test is about providing Microsoft solutions
    the Microsoft way and Microsoft wants to make sure you think of them first
    (ie, the time limits).
    4. Don't let your personal preferences influence what you are doing. Yea,
    I'd love to just say go ahead and integrate DNS with AD, but there are some
    very valid reasons not to. Know those reasons. Know how to provide what
    the customer wants.
    5. Make sure you understand GPO inheritance, sub-domains and when to use
    them (it's always best to go single domain if at all possible), etc etc.
    You have to be on your "A" game.

    Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll do fine next time.

    John R.
    John R, Feb 3, 2010
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hi Chris,

    Many thanks for the advice, I will definitely go straight to the questions
    in the future.

    All the best,

    -Tim

    Tim, Feb 6, 2010
  6. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hi John,

    Many thanks for the advice, I agree with you that some of the questions on
    the test do not relate to real world experience. This is especially true
    when Windows 95 / 98 are part of the question. I hope that the next time
    will be my last time for test #70-297!

    All the best,

    -Tim

    Tim, Feb 6, 2010
  7. Tim

    itsupport9000

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    you should practise before you do it , here is a good website thebestonlinetest.com
    itsupport9000, Feb 14, 2010
  8. Tim

    alexma

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    hongkong
    I have downloaded the material for 70-270 and found that it was the latest and complete version as that my classmate bought from other braindump provides. But what a pity, I can only download one exam each day. You guys can go to download the material you need and validate whether it is the latest version. Share this resource with you guys, good luck! The site is named MS-CERTS.
    alexma, Feb 20, 2010
  9. Tim

    somedays

    Joined: