    pdf-file in wich things are explained.

    Kind regards,

    Emiel Lieshout
    Emiel Lieshout, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Emiel Lieshout

    Guest Guest

    10, I think but i could be guessing is it 10? i hope im
    right and it is 10, OH polz be 10, come on luckey 10

    subnet.
    >But i need someone to explane to me how to calculate how

    many subnet's there
    >are for instamce in a 255.255.0.0/15 subnet.
    >
    >I've used the official microsoftpress book, but just

    don't get it!
    >Maybey one of you can explain or direct me to a site or

    sent me a word or

    Guest, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Emiel Lieshout

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Emiel Lieshout" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm preparing for the 70-297 exam.
    > I know now how to calculate how many hosts there are in a subnet.
    > But i need someone to explane to me how to calculate how many subnet's

    there
    > are for instamce in a 255.255.0.0/15 subnet.
    >
    > I've used the official microsoftpress book, but just don't get it!
    > Maybey one of you can explain or direct me to a site or sent me a word or
    > pdf-file in wich things are explained.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Emiel Lieshout

    try these resources:

    http://www.learntcpip.com/

    http://www.learntosubnet.com/

    http://www.petri.co.il/subnetting_table.htm

    steve.
    molsonexpert, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Emiel Lieshout

    Kurt Guest

    First of all 255.255.0.0 is a /16 network - not a /15. But in its simplest
    terms (since you know how to calculate the number of hosts in a subnet) you
    can determine the number of subnets by taking the total number of hosts on
    the whole network divided by the number of hosts in each subnet. So if you
    have a class B network, say 172.16.0.0 /16 (subnet mask 255.255.0.0) that
    is a total of 65536 hosts (including network and broadcast). If you break it
    up into /24 subnets (255.255.255.0) you have 256 hosts per subnet. If you
    then divide the total number of hosts by the number of hosts per subnet
    (65536/256) you get 256 subnets.

    Kurt, Nov 23, 2004
  5. Emiel Lieshout

    Kurt Guest

    Another way is to count how many bits you add to the right of the original
    network. The number of subnets doubles with each bit.

    So once again starting with a /16:
    add 1 bit (/17) and you have 2 subnets
    add 2 bits (/18) and you have 4 subnets
    add 3 bits (/19) and you have 8 subnets