    questions format or the case study format?

    Regards

    Mark
    Mark Scott, Apr 6, 2004

  2. It's a good mixture of both. It's a 2 part exam. First was around 24-25
    questions and second part was 25. This might change for every candidate.

    --
    Thanks,
    Bhargav Shukla

    Bhargav Shukla, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    "Mark Scott" <> wrote in news:OmBrB58GEHA.3196
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > What is the format of the MCSE2003 Upgrade exam? Is it in the straight
    > questions format or the case study format?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mark

    I beleive mine was straight form questions. There were some that were
    wordier, but nothing that was a 4 volume rant like the 2000 design exams

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 6, 2004
  4. I agree. It's not design exxam anyway so it's not that big case scenarios.
    It's just longer questions that takes your time reading and inderstanding
    each.

    Bhargav Shukla, Apr 6, 2004
  5. Mark Scott

    Mark Scott Guest

    So I guess that Microsoft are saying that the "Design Skills" are still the
    same as they were for Windows Server 2000 so they just concentrate on
    Advanced implementation?

    Mark Scott, Apr 6, 2004
  6. Mark Scott

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i hate design format exams. fuggin' sucks, man. gets me very stressed for
    nothing.

    "Mark Scott" <> wrote in news:uumeRw9GEHA.3188
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > So I guess that Microsoft are saying that the "Design Skills" are still

    the
    > same as they were for Windows Server 2000 so they just concentrate on
    > Advanced implementation?
    >
    > "Bhargav Shukla" <> wrote in message
    >> I agree. It's not design exxam anyway so it's not that big case

    scenarios.
    >> It's just longer questions that takes your time reading and

    inderstanding
    >> each.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bhargav Shukla
    >> MCSE Windows Server 2003, MCSA Messaging, CCEA, RSA SecureID CSE
    >>
    >> "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Mark Scott" <> wrote in

    >> > @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > straight

    >> > I beleive mine was straight form questions. There were some that were
    >> > wordier, but nothing that was a 4 volume rant like the 2000 design

    exams

    >> > --
    >> > Neil
    >> > "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 6, 2004
  7. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    "Mark Scott" <> wrote in

    > So I guess that Microsoft are saying that the "Design Skills" are
    > still the same as they were for Windows Server 2000 so they just
    > concentrate on Advanced implementation?

    it's more of a whats new and what can we give you a headache with :)

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 6, 2004
  8. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > i hate design format exams. fuggin' sucks, man. gets me very stressed
    > for nothing.

    but they do an excellent job of testing if you can read. (and read fast)

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 6, 2004
  9. Sometimes it also helps reading the question before reading scenario and
    work your way back since it give you idea of what parts of question you
    really need to stress on.

    Bhargav Shukla, Apr 6, 2004
  10. lol. If you can handle the headache without tylenol, that's even better.

    Bhargav Shukla, Apr 6, 2004
  11. Mark Scott

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    no more microsoft design exams for rowdy. it's just smooth sailing on the
    multiple choice train to hell.

    "Bhargav Shukla" <> wrote in news:e5ayHB
    $:

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 6, 2004
  12. Did I take any design exams? I can't recall after I failed 2000 AD design...
    lol.

    Well, I passed network design and now I am geared towards designing AD 2003
    and Designing Security. Hope to see many more in the same hell.

    Bhargav Shukla, Apr 6, 2004