70-292

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Paul, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Took the 70-292 for the 2nd time yesterday and failed again. I'm just
    wondering from a tester viewpoint, what is considered the "recommended"
    study books/guides that I should use when I take the exam for the 3rd time?

    So far, I've used (in descending order):

    Syngress 70-292 (read twice) -- I personally liked this one!
    Transcender
    Test King
    Microsoft 70-292 & 70-296 Ebook
    Brain Dump Web Sites

    After reviewing my graphs which shows my "Strengths" & "Needs Development"
    areas, I've concluded these are fairly useless. For example, after my first
    exam (scored 633), I looked over my graphs with a fine tooth comb. Four of
    the seven were placed in the "strength" part of the scale. The other three
    weren't labeled strengths, but were a long distance away from the "needs
    development" area of the graph. If the scale were based on 0 (needs
    development) to 100 (strong) the three areas not labeled as strengths were
    in the 60th percentile area of the graph. I'm not a mathematician, but if I
    were to average out all of the lines on this chart, I'd place myself between
    70 & 80 percentile for my totals (for both exams). Yet, my respective
    scores were 633 & 617.

    On the exam yesterday, two of three areas that were not labeled as
    "strengths" on my first exam, were now labeled as strengths. Once again,
    none of my scores were below the 60th percentile section of the graph. This
    shoots a hole in my theory of more questions were the areas that I didn't
    score a "strength."

    I'm not person who habitually fails exams. In fact, out of the six exams
    that I've taken previously, I've only had to retake one (70-229). I passed
    the second time through. I even passed the 70-216 (nightmare) test the
    first time through.

    Any recommendations for books/study guides would be appreciated. Sorry, I'm
    just venting and frustrated.......

    Paul, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Paul

    R Guest

    As an indication, I had 3 sections at 100%, 2 at 90%, 1 at 80%, and 1 at 70%
    and passed.

    I would suggest that you learn the material, rather than cheat by using
    braindumps.

    R, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Thanks for the feedback. I've spent the majority of time reading books and
    testing various scenarios on my home Win 2003 network with XP/2000 clients.
    I've felt like I know the material fairly well. Obviously, from the test
    results, I don't. Perhaps the third time will be a charm....

    What materials/methods did you rely on to pass the exam?

    Paul, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Paul

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Took the 70-292 for the 2nd time yesterday and failed again. I'm just
    > wondering from a tester viewpoint, what is considered the "recommended"
    > study books/guides that I should use when I take the exam for the 3rd

    time?

    > So far, I've used (in descending order):
    >
    > Syngress 70-292 (read twice) -- I personally liked this one!
    > Transcender
    > Test King
    > Microsoft 70-292 & 70-296 Ebook
    > Brain Dump Web Sites

    <snip>

    Seriously, if you can't pass an exam on the third try after cheating by
    using "Test King" and "Brain Dump Web Sites", you really need to give it up.
    The I.T. Industry is already filled with enough idiots.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Thanks for the positive feedback and words of encouragement. People like
    you seriously detract from the quality of this newsgroup.

    Paul, Jun 27, 2004
  6. Paul

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the positive feedback and words of encouragement. People like
    > you seriously detract from the quality of this newsgroup.

    Your welcome. People like you (cheaters) seriously detract from the quality
    of Microsoft Certifications. Now really, which is worse?

    TechGeekPro, Jun 27, 2004
  7. Paul

    Rohit Dhand Guest

    Dear,
    Dont worry for the failures,, it happens.. Anyhow get
    some real time experience on the product and then given
    the exam.

    Refer to the dumps of Testking and Refer all the MCSA
    Self Paced training kits.

    Rohit

    Rohit Dhand, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Paul

    Frisbee® Guest

    TechGeekPro wrote:
    > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for the positive feedback and words of encouragement. People
    >> like you seriously detract from the quality of this newsgroup.

    > Your welcome. People like you (cheaters) seriously detract from the
    > quality of Microsoft Certifications. Now really, which is worse?

    Couldn't have stated that any better myself.

    --
    Fris "I Buried Paul" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    Frisbee®, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Paul

    Frisbee® Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Took the 70-292 for the 2nd time yesterday and failed again. I'm just
    > wondering from a tester viewpoint, what is considered the
    > "recommended" study books/guides that I should use when I take the
    > exam for the 3rd time?
    >
    > So far, I've used (in descending order):
    >
    > Syngress 70-292 (read twice) -- I personally liked this one!
    > Transcender
    > Test King
    > Microsoft 70-292 & 70-296 Ebook
    > Brain Dump Web Sites

    Another dumper posts.
    Seeking to spread his evil.
    Sending others the wrong message.

    Fortunately, most know better.
    Under most circumstances, that is.
    Cease and desist this illegal activity!
    Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
    Everyone deserves that, I think.
    Remember this and keep it to heart.

    --
    Fris "Sekret message enclosed" bee®, MCNGP #13

    Frisbee®, Jun 28, 2004
  10. Paul

    Doom Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Paul wrote:
    > > Took the 70-292 for the 2nd time yesterday and failed again. I'm just
    > > wondering from a tester viewpoint, what is considered the
    > > "recommended" study books/guides that I should use when I take the
    > > exam for the 3rd time?
    > >
    > > So far, I've used (in descending order):
    > >
    > > Syngress 70-292 (read twice) -- I personally liked this one!
    > > Transcender
    > > Test King
    > > Microsoft 70-292 & 70-296 Ebook
    > > Brain Dump Web Sites

    > Another dumper posts.
    > Seeking to spread his evil.
    > Sending others the wrong message.
    >
    > Fortunately, most know better.
    > Under most circumstances, that is.
    > Cease and desist this illegal activity!
    > Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
    > Everyone deserves that, I think.
    > Remember this and keep it to heart.
    >
    > --
    > Fris "Sekret message enclosed" bee®, MCNGP #13

    *Doom rises from his chair and claps and cheers wildly*
    Well done Frisbee. I almost didn't see the subliminal message in that post.

    Doom, Jun 28, 2004
  11. Paul

    Neil Guest

    Frisbee® <> wrote in news:#EgyADSXEHA.2908
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > Another dumper posts.
    > Seeking to spread his evil.
    > Sending others the wrong message.
    >
    > Fortunately, most know better.
    > Under most circumstances, that is.
    > Cease and desist this illegal activity!
    > Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
    > Everyone deserves that, I think.
    > Remember this and keep it to heart.

    the best

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 28, 2004
  12. Paul

    JaR Guest

    Frisbee® wrote:

    > Another dumper posts.
    > Seeking to spread his evil.
    > Sending others the wrong message.
    >
    > Fortunately, most know better.
    > Under most circumstances, that is.
    > Cease and desist this illegal activity!
    > Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
    > Everyone deserves that, I think.
    > Remember this and keep it to heart.

    *polite applause*

    Well done Fris.

    JaR
    Restrained Thug

    JaR, Jun 28, 2004
  13. Paul

    Spyke Guest

    Frisbee® <> wrote in news:#EgyADSXEHA.2908
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > Another dumper posts.
    > Seeking to spread his evil.
    > Sending others the wrong message.
    >
    > Fortunately, most know better.
    > Under most circumstances, that is.
    > Cease and desist this illegal activity!
    > Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
    > Everyone deserves that, I think.
    > Remember this and keep it to heart.

    *golf clap*

    --

    Cheers,
    Spyke

    Spyke, Jun 28, 2004
  14. Paul

    LnkWizard Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Frisbee® wrote:
    >
    > > Another dumper posts.
    > > Seeking to spread his evil.
    > > Sending others the wrong message.
    > >
    > > Fortunately, most know better.
    > > Under most circumstances, that is.
    > > Cease and desist this illegal activity!
    > > Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
    > > Everyone deserves that, I think.
    > > Remember this and keep it to heart.
    > >

    > *polite applause*
    >
    > Well done Fris.
    >
    > JaR
    > Restrained Thug

    Seeing as how I was MIA for several weeks, and may have missed it,
    if there hasn't been one yet, I would like to nominate this for PotM

    ---
    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    ---

    LnkWizard, Jun 28, 2004
  15. Paul

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > TechGeekPro wrote:
    > > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > >> Thanks for the positive feedback and words of encouragement. People
    > >> like you seriously detract from the quality of this newsgroup.

    > > Your welcome. People like you (cheaters) seriously detract from the
    > > quality of Microsoft Certifications. Now really, which is worse?

    > Couldn't have stated that any better myself.

    Thanks for the compliment but geez, did you *have* to follow it up with a
    better post. Hmph!

    TechGeekPro, Jun 29, 2004
  16. Hi,

    I am in the same boat. You should get Transcender since
    this test is the worst test I have seen so far. I am
    alrady MSCE 2000.

    Phillip Moulay, Jun 29, 2004
  17. Paul

    Guest

    I'm an MCSE 2000 and an MCDBA. I have security specialties in MCSA and
    MCSE and I'm Security + certified. The lowest score I had on any of my
    tests was a 784 and that was the only one on which I scored under 800.

    I recently took an upgrade course for 2003 with a competent instructor,
    and 11 other I.T. professionals who's experience ranged from working
    for Microsoft, being a lead administrator for a network of 250 2003
    servers, to several Dell server techs. I myself have been an
    independent Network admin for various companies full time for 12 years.

    Our entire class passed the 296 upgrade exam and only one person passed
    292, and that with a 700. Every single one of us without exception felt
    we knew the material and were confident in our answers. Half the class
    re-took the test the next day and all 6 of us failed it again. We were
    getting scores in 400's and 500's in spite of the fact that we knew the
    material well.

    How do you explain that an entire room of working professionals that
    have together passed over 100 microsoft exams suddenly all fail the
    same test and half of them twice, when we passed the harder of the two
    upgrade tests 296?

    Say what you want but I think there was a "technical error" in the
    grading process. But since this is a private industry certification,
    and not subject to any kind of impartial revue, we'll never know will
    we? We don't even know what answers were supposedly "wrong".

    I'd be careful before you start calling people idiots. I assure you
    there were few idiots in the room with me that day.

    , Dec 20, 2004
  18. Paul

    wongcna Guest

    I understand what you mean....

    This is what we call paper mcse....

    I am sure you know what you are doing and have loads of MS knowledge. But
    exams are totally different with real life.

    Exam is exam
    Real life is real life....

    Good Luck

    @__@!

    wongcna, Dec 20, 2004
  19. Paul

    C.G. Guest

    Let me agree with you. I am an MCSE 2000 who just took an 70-292 for the
    third time. I wasted $100 and four months of my life for Microsoft's
    WORTHLESS "Upgrading Your Certification to Windows Server 2003", going
    through the entire book and all the stupid labs. I also used SyBex and three
    different MOCs. Good thing, their kit doesn't even cover 1/3 of any
    questions I saw. I feel like I answered almost all of the questions
    correctly. I was confident of a near perfect score when pressing "End Exam".
    But with the exam, you can't tell. Before it started, I got this crap about
    how "Some questions may not be counted, others are for testing/development
    purposes and may or may not be, blah blah, blah" as a disclaimer before
    taking the exam. How the hell do I know what is counted and what is not?
    This doesn't seem ethical here. This is not ethical. Half the people at
    Microsoft love to bitch about ethics, but I see no checks and balances
    keeping them on the straight and narrow. How do we even know if the exam
    results are processed correctly or ethically if we can't get any feedback on
    anything? 70-292 bites.

    My advice is do not use Microsoft's WORTHLESS crap to study for this exam.
    Find something else. Microsoft can make the exam but they sure as hell can't
    produce any training material that covers anythging on 70-292. They have no
    consistency or standardization. You don't get this with Comptia - they
    actually seem to have a standard. 70-292 seems seriously bugged to me. If
    anyone finds a decent text please post. None of the other Microsoft exams I
    took were like this, nor were any of them so far off course of what actually
    study when you take the exam. C.G.

    C.G., Feb 10, 2005
  20. Paul

    fmsmcse Guest

    Agreed, took it twice and failed, all stuff studied were useless, since they
    charge things, settings, configs we never use, there are more important
    things to measure up.

    fmsmcse, Mar 29, 2005