70-292 Study Notes

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Osprey, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Osprey

    Osprey Guest

    I finally passed 70-292 (the MCSA upgrade exam) a couple days ago
    (after twice failing) and have put online the study notes that I took
    down over the two months that it took me to pass the bloody thing.
    Hopefully, they'll help others avoid the frustrating experience of
    failing twice that I'm now familiar with.

    My 70-292 Study Notes:
    http://www.netfresco.com/cert/

    I welcome corrections or suggestions.

    Good luck to everyone taking the exam. If you haven't taken it yet,
    don't underestimate how difficult this one is and don't be discouraged
    if you fail the first time. If you've already failed it, there's hope.
    3rd time was the charm for me. Good luck.

    -------------------------
    Jon
    MCSE 2K, MCSA 2K3 & 2K, Security+

    Osprey, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Congratulations and that was nice of you to create a site with your
    observations and note for those that want to pass the tests legitimately. I
    would just say that for me I prepared for 70-292 and 70-296 both before I
    took 70-292. I used the MS Press book and then concentrated on the 70-292
    chapters just before the 70-292 exam. I also studied all the pertinent
    chapters in the free Windows 2003 Deployment Kit and did hands on in my lab
    for everything which I consider a must if anyone is ever going to understand
    dns, trusts, Group Policy, etc correctly. There is also a lot more focus on
    security for 70-292/70-296 and I would recommend that the 70-299 MS Press
    book be also used as a supplemental study guide. --- Steve

    MCSE NT4.0/2000/2003, MCSE 2003:Security, A+, Network+, Security+

    Steven L Umbach, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Nice page, Osprey.
    dwilson

    Daniel Wilson, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Osprey

    NETCRAMMER Guest

    Osprey wrote:
    > I finally passed 70-292 (the MCSA upgrade exam) a couple days ago
    > (after twice failing) and have put online the study notes that I took
    > down over the two months that it took me to pass the bloody thing.
    > Hopefully, they'll help others avoid the frustrating experience of
    > failing twice that I'm now familiar with.
    >
    > My 70-292 Study Notes:
    > http://www.netfresco.com/cert/
    >
    > I welcome corrections or suggestions.
    >
    > Good luck to everyone taking the exam. If you haven't taken it yet,
    > don't underestimate how difficult this one is and don't be discouraged
    > if you fail the first time. If you've already failed it, there's hope.
    > 3rd time was the charm for me. Good luck.
    >
    > -------------------------
    > Jon
    > MCSE 2K, MCSA 2K3 & 2K, Security+

    taking this exam (AGAIN...) on May 7, 2005. Thanks for posting your
    experience and findings wish I would've found them sooner..lol.

    -NET

    NETCRAMMER, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Jon,

    Thanks for taking the time to make those study notes, today I finally pass
    this exam, after the third try.

    Best regards.

    Emiliano G. Estevez, Apr 27, 2005