    the proper area rather than go click for click properly for each question
    asked.

    Hopefully this question makes sense.

    scale, Dec 2, 2007

  2. scale

    Matt Wheeler Guest

    "scale" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have yet to take this exam......ya ya i know im a slacker :)
    >
    > I have a question about the simulation questions. Are they graded
    > based on
    > final answer or are they graded on a click by click basis.
    >
    > What i mean is .....if i am asked to create a user am left to do so
    > at the
    > desktop in the simulation if i open up a wrong area (aka printers
    > and faxes
    > or somthing) do i fail that question at that point or will i get it
    > right no
    > matter what i do and where i go as long as i created the user
    > account it
    > asked for as the end result?

    I would expect its more based on the final result. but if not, you do
    have the option to "reset" the simulation so that when you've worked
    out what steps you need, you can start it "clean" and do it correctly.

    Matt Wheeler, Dec 3, 2007

  3. "Matt Wheeler" <> wrote in message

    >> I have a question about the simulation questions. Are they graded based
    >> on final answer or are they graded on a click by click basis.

    > I would expect its more based on the final result. but if not, you do have
    > the option to "reset" the simulation so that when you've worked out what
    > steps you need, you can start it "clean" and do it correctly.

    I've seen this question asked a couple of places as I've been reading
    through the cert groups today (catching up)...

    GIven the vagueness of how we understand Microsoft's scoring policies, and
    the fact that the exams seem to be scored based on a "points earned"
    philosophy (there's no published maximum scores which would suggest the use
    of a "points lost" philosphy)...

    It occurs to me that it's not impossible that the exams might include a
    scaled score on the simulations based on the efficiency or 'preciseness' by
    which one executes the simulation. I'd *like* to think that it's based
    entirely on the final solution and the net effect.... but... well....

    I think I might take advantage of that "practice.... reset... answer" idea
    the next time I take a simulation-based exam.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
    MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2007)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Dec 24, 2007