70-292... Passed.

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by William, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. William

    William Guest

    I wrote here before when I failed the exam, so I figured it would only be
    fair to write here now that I passed.

    Truly do not underestimate setting up a lab. The first time through, I must
    admit that the vast majority of the exercises I skipped with a "Yeah yeah - I
    know how to set up DNS" type of internal monologue.

    The questions are designed to be picky enough to weed out those of us that
    didn't actually go through it. Answers meant to trap you.

    Set up the lab/test box and go through ALL of the exercises. Furthermore,
    when the book says "you can also do XYZ from the Command Line by doing ABC"
    --- Do it. Go through the process. Even if you feel sure that you know how
    to do it already, and even if you feel that the explanation in the book was
    so simple you dont NEED to practice it. I spent a lot of time go through
    exercises that I felt were VERY mundane.

    But I cannot argue with the result.

    Good luck to you all.
    William, Sep 9, 2005

  2. William

    Wayne Guest

    Well done and well said! "Truly do not underestimate setting up a lab" !!!
    Hands on, playing, breaking fixing and cursing :) This is the best way to
    get through, the questions are *not* impossible, it takes time and
    understanding.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver

    Wayne, Sep 11, 2005

  3. William

    fmsmcse Guest

    Congrats and hope people take your example as the best one and stop using
    "brrrrandunnnpmps" to pass. Otherwise professionals like us will be too much
    cheap when amateurs are "trying" (not even doing) to perform our gifted job.

    fmsmcse, Sep 20, 2005
  4. William

    Guest

    Re: 70-292... Passed.

    congrads on the pass!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I did my second sit and failed with a 592. I really thought I did
    better but unfortuntely it wasn't to be. The exam is design to make
    most of us fail unless you get real lucky. The way ms grades this exam
    needs to be looked at. I've been working in a 2003 enterprise
    enviroment and I do this stuff every day and I must say "this exam is a
    bunch of ************"
    It's no wonder more people are turning toward the
    Brrrrrrrrranddunnnpmps and it is not because they don't know the
    material, it is because ms is giving us all the big shaft on this one.
    Just take a look at any forum out on the web and you will hear most of
    us saying the same thing about this exam.
    , Sep 30, 2005