    have any comments about their exams?

    Regards

    Mark
    Mark Scott, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Mark Scott

    stryder Guest

    I took this exam and experienced the exact same problems. The main problem is that the clock continues to count down while the exam is taking its time going to the next or previous question. I figured that I lost about 20 or more minutes on it because of this. Others have had the same problems. Also, my exam (on the first attempt) crashed at the vary end right after I finished. I didn't get any results displayed, but relized I failed when I got the print out from the desk at the front. I was in such a rush for the last 15 questions that I didn't have time to read them very well. I called Prometric the next day and complained. They let me reschedule the same exam without charge which was good. They were reluctant to do it because I didn't complain at the time it happened. I would complain if I were you. I have since retaken and passed this exam, but experienced similar problems on my second attempt. I hear that all of the new exams (293, 294....) are like this, but that is just a post I read.

    I agree that it is completely unfair on an exam like this. It is tough enough to wade through the difficult questions without the distraction of flaky exam engine/software.
    stryder, Apr 26, 2004

  3. My experience with the exam when I took it back in October was the same. It
    sucked, badly. Slow transitions, slow graphics, etc. However, if I recall,
    I finished with more than 15 minutes remaining. Pass/fail was the score.
    Passes tough. Watch out for the 296 exam. If you ran out of time with the
    292, you will definitely run out of time on the 296. I ran out of time on
    the last question on the 296. Passed thankfully, but it is not a picnic.

    In my humble opinion, it is better to be over prepared to finish earlier
    than to banter the brains on question 49 with 15 minutes left on a 62
    question exam. Not easy to do. There are many comments on test taking
    strategies in most of the study guides. If you take a practice exam before
    the test, take the exam with style in mind so that you can better manage
    your time on the exams. Good luck on your next exam.

    Christopher Beasley MCSE:Sec/MCT

    "Mark Scott" <> wrote in message
    > I took this today and failed, got 658 with minimum mark of 700.
    >
    > This is the first exam I have taken of the new variety and I was not
    > impressed with the system, I found it slow to change the questions, the
    > native resolution of the centre PCs meant that there was a lot of sideways
    > scrolling to be done and worst of all the exam will NOT let you go to the
    > next question UNTIL you have seen EVERYTHING (even if the correct answer

    is

    Christopher J. Beasley, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Whoa, that's hardcore. I waited 2 months before tackling the 296. It was
    because I taken the 298 Beta on October 11 which really sucked because it
    was pretty damned long and then immediately sat the 292. I had to take a
    break from having my brains smashed by these 2 exams. Although I would pass
    both of them, I really do not like taking tests but submit to their fury
    because in the end, proven and validated skill pays the rent. Thanks for
    sharing your experiences with this exam.

    Christopher J. Beasley

    "R" <> wrote in message
    > I found the same thing with 296. Through the first half of the exam, I was

    very concerned that I would run out of time (having completed 292 with about
    30 minutes to spare). Whether the questions got less windy in the second
    half, or I sped up my reading of them, I don't know, but I eventually
    finished with about 15 minutes to spare. As I said in my previous post, I
    found 296 easier, just that the questions took longer to read.

    Christopher J. Beasley, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Ug==?=" <> wrote in

    > BTW, I passed both of them on my only try, on consecutive days.

    I at least had a weekend between mine...

    :)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Mark Scott

    Mark Scott Guest

    Tried again on the 292, I failed again with exactly the same score (658 /
    700) Now this is danger time, how can I get out of this one? I thought I
    had it all licked and I revised on my weak points.

    Any advice before I try yet again?

    Mark Scott, Apr 28, 2004
  7. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Ug==?=" <> wrote in

    > Hmmm.....over four months have passed.....better think of something
    > new to do.....Any ideas?

    <sarcasm>
    CCIE should keep you busy for a couple of weeks
    </sarcasm>

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 28, 2004
  8. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    "Mark Scott" <> wrote in news:urPAn$TLEHA.3216
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Any advice before I try yet again?

    I would take at least 2 weeks before the rewrite. you've taken a blow to
    the ego with this so backup and studey everything again. don't make
    assumptions about what you already think you know. start fresh and prove
    (or diprove) everything you have learned thus far.

    Good luck...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 28, 2004
  9. Mark Scott

    Mark Scott Guest

    Thanks Neil, ego blow is right, this was meant to be the "walkover", I was
    expecting more probs with 296!

    I was shocked to see a question on programming! I had some code and had to
    place the right lines in the right places....HTF should I know, If I wanted
    to do programming I would do MCSD. :eek:)

    The Syngress book did not help with 2 questions I had on Software
    restrictions (Hash, Internet Zone, Certificate, Path, Unrestricted,
    Disallowed?) and I thought it was meant to cover 100% objectives

    Mark Scott, Apr 28, 2004
  10. Mark Scott

    Joaker Guest

    Mark - invest in the 292 TestKing, it is a great big help
    for these rip off testies.

    Joaker, Apr 28, 2004
  11. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    "Mark Scott" <> wrote in

    > Thanks Neil, ego blow is right, this was meant to be the "walkover", I
    > was expecting more probs with 296!

    I've heard a few say that 296 was the easier of the 2 (I didn't think one
    was harder than the other but...)

    > I was shocked to see a question on programming! I had some code and
    > had to place the right lines in the right places....HTF should I know,
    > If I wanted to do programming I would do MCSD. :eek:)

    Programming? Was it a login script (VBscript) or something to do with
    automated account creation, becuse I don't see where else this would fit
    in?

    > The Syngress book did not help with 2 questions I had on Software
    > restrictions (Hash, Internet Zone, Certificate, Path, Unrestricted,
    > Disallowed?) and I thought it was meant to cover 100% objectives

    yes, there are always suprises aren't there. :)

    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/mcsa-2003-upgrade-for-mcsa-
    2000.asp or

    http://tinyurl.com/257sr

    might be worth the $10 for the cram.

    Most of all don't give up...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 28, 2004
  12. Mark Scott

    Neil Guest

    "Joaker" <> wrote in news:59f101c42d55
    $2b441a10$:

    > Mark - invest in the 292 TestKing, it is a great big help
    > for these rip off testies.

    no. TestKing is questionable. many have been little more than braindumps
    (cheating)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 28, 2004