70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this question

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Tim Moor, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. Tim Moor

    Tim Moor Guest

    dear mcsa-gurus,
    i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree with
    the answer ??

    thanx alot
    tim

    You are the network administrator for northwind.com.
    On a windows Server 2003 computer named serverA, you use the backup program
    automatically back up eight servers. You use a schedule task named AutoBack.
    The task
    runs in the security context of a domain account named NightBackup.
    The Default Domain Policy Group Policy object (GPO) is configured with the
    following
    account policies settings:

    1. Minimum password length: 8 characters
    2. Password expiration: 30 days
    3. Enforce password history: 12 passwords remembered
    4. Account lockout threshold: 3 invalid logon attempts
    5. Account lockout duration: 30 minutes

    The backup program runs successfully for four weeks. After four weeks, you
    notice that
    nightly backups no longer occur. A successful backup occurs when you log on
    the
    serverA with your own user account and perform a local backup. Your user
    account is
    member of the Domain Admins group.
    You want the AutoBack scheduled task to perform unattended backups every
    night at
    11:00 P.M.

    Which two actions should you perform in orderto resume the nightly backups
    by using the
    AutoBack scheduled task? (Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
    Choose two.)
    A. Unlock the NightBackup user account.
    B. Enable the NightBackup user account.
    C. One the properties sheet for the AutoBack. Job scheduled task, reset the
    password.
    D. Reset the password for the NightBackup user account.
    E. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
    account the Logon
    locally right.
    F. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
    account the Logon as a
    service right.

    Answer: C, D
    Explanation: The question states that the backup program ran successfully
    for four weeks,
    which is more or less 30 days. Because of the password expiration being 30
    days, the
    passwords listed in C and D has to be reset.
    Tim Moor, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Tim Moor

    T-Bone Guest

    "Tim Moor" <> wrote
    > i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree
    > with the answer ??

    Yes.

    Although IRL, I wonder if the strategy used with allowing a service account
    password to expire would really be best pratice.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Tim Moor

    fmsmcse Guest

    RE: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this que

    As posted on MCSE comm.

    I'd say: A and C.
    D: by resetting a user pwd does not automatically unlock the account.

    Add info: Normally we use to push the use of local accounts with NO EXP
    setting set. But in some cases it's needed to access other resources on the
    net, then that'd require a net account with the same setting set. Remember to
    use the good pratice of least privilege.

    fmsmcse, Dec 6, 2005
  4. Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this que

    You have officially embarrassed yourself. Did you miss this line or
    something?

    > 5. Account lockout duration: 30 minutes

    Admit your ineptness immediately so that you might obtain forgiveness.

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Dec 6, 2005
  5. Tim Moor

    fmsmcse Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    I would, if it mentioned that it had passed XXX minutes after the backup was
    unsuccessful.

    Then, I'd say I've just logged on to the server and don't tell me because
    the backup is called nightbackup it runs at XXX at night and that you work
    from 8am to 5pm. Com'on!!!
    fmsmcse, Dec 6, 2005
  6. Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    You embarrassment continues.

    Haven't you taken a Microsoft exam? They don't spell it all out for you. A
    lot of times the question may be a little ambiguous. You can think too much
    and say well MAYBE it's 11:15pm when I'm doing all of this. When you start
    thinking like that, you are going to get in trouble (and get it wrong like
    you did). In this case though you have to ask yourself why did they tell me
    the account lockout duration? Why did they tell me that the backup runs at
    11pm and that it has been two days since it succeeded? They are pointing
    you to the correct solution of C and D.

    Back to special ed for ya...

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Dec 6, 2005
  7. Tim Moor

    fmsmcse Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    É amigo, tenho que concordar com vc, sua aposta foi a melhor, no entanto, te
    lanço uma outra aposta, que tal decifrar o que escrevi aqui?

    Outro desafio é ser mais humilde. Humildade é tudo nesta vida, coisa que vc
    não mostrou aqui nesta "ajuda" a outro amigo que primeiro postou esta
    pergunta.

    Abraços.
    fmsmcse, Dec 6, 2005
  8. Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    > Can you decipher this?

    Booooring. What, are you trying to impress me or something?

    >Another challenge...

    Another challenge for you would be to come right out and admit you were
    wrong in English. You're only embarrassing yourself more by not admitting
    that you were incorrect.

    Sie sind häßlich und Ihre Mutter kleidet Sie lustig.

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Dec 7, 2005
  9. Tim Moor

    fmsmcse Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    Hahahha, you are funny man!!!
    Sure I will admit, just like I did in the last message, but who said it's
    imperative that one should write in Eng here?? ehhe

    "Yes friend, I have to agree with you, your answer is the best one,
    therefore, here goes another bet, how about deciphering this???"

    "Another challenge is to be more humble. To be humble is a gift in one's
    life, that something you did not show here and did not try to help, instead,
    you were and is it's being a show off, pointing out people's errors and like
    saying "I'm the best f(*()*)&) the rest".
    fmsmcse, Dec 7, 2005
  10. Tim Moor

    Frisbee® Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote in message
    > Hahahha, you are funny man!!!
    > Sure I will admit, just like I did in the last message, but who said it's
    > imperative that one should write in Eng here?? ehhe
    >
    > "Yes friend, I have to agree with you, your answer is the best one,
    > therefore, here goes another bet, how about deciphering this???"
    >
    > "Another challenge is to be more humble. To be humble is a gift in one's
    > life, that something you did not show here and did not try to help,
    > instead,
    > you were and is it's being a show off, pointing out people's errors and
    > like
    > saying "I'm the best f(*()*)&) the rest".

    So, basically, you're recommending him for membership in the MCNGP?

    That probably beats a "thank you" anyway.
    Frisbee®, Dec 7, 2005
  11. Tim Moor

    fmsmcse Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    oh yeah, we did call you on this matter.

    fmsmcse, Dec 7, 2005
  12. Tim Moor

    JaR Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, =?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?= spewed across
    the ether:

    > oh yeah, we did call you on this matter.

    You didn't call anybody, but this is a newsgroup.

    Oh wait! You didn't know that either, did you?

    Keep it up, though, you pretty funny for a foreigner.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Dec 7, 2005
  13. Tim Moor

    Frisbee® Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote in message
    > oh yeah, we did call you on this matter.

    You have to have br@indumped your MCSE. You got called out for being wrong,
    plain and simple, yet you never backed down.

    So what exactly does the "fms" stand for?

    Frisbee's Mind's Superior?
    Freeloading MCSE Sh1thead?
    Fabulously Mediocre Sucker?
    Frisbee®, Dec 7, 2005
  14. Tim Moor

    fmsmcse Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    any prejudice with other country people fella?
    fmsmcse, Dec 7, 2005
  15. Tim Moor

    fmsmcse Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    i did went back and said i was mistaken, you are the one attacking me mate.
    fmsmcse, Dec 7, 2005
  16. Tim Moor

    Frisbee® Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote in message
    > any prejudice with other country people fella?

    Why? Are you "other country people?"
    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005
  17. Tim Moor

    Frisbee® Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote in message
    >i did went back and said i was mistaken, you are the one attacking me mate.

    My "attack" consists of calling you out for what you are.

    Develop a thicker skin.
    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005
  18. Tim Moor

    JaR Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, =?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?= spewed across
    the ether:

    > any prejudice with other country people fella?

    Why? You feeling inferior today?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110