70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this question

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Tim Moor, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. Tim Moor

    Tim Moor Guest

    dear mcse-gurus,
    i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree with
    the answer ??

    thanx alot
    tim

    You are the network administrator for northwind.com.
    On a windows Server 2003 computer named serverA, you use the backup program
    automatically back up eight servers. You use a schedule task named AutoBack.
    The task
    runs in the security context of a domain account named NightBackup.
    The Default Domain Policy Group Policy object (GPO) is configured with the
    following
    account policies settings:

    1. Minimum password length: 8 characters
    2. Password expiration: 30 days
    3. Enforce password history: 12 passwords remembered
    4. Account lockout threshold: 3 invalid logon attempts
    5. Account lockout duration: 30 minutes

    The backup program runs successfully for four weeks. After four weeks, you
    notice that
    nightly backups no longer occur. A successful backup occurs when you log on
    the
    serverA with your own user account and perform a local backup. Your user
    account is
    member of the Domain Admins group.
    You want the AutoBack scheduled task to perform unattended backups every
    night at
    11:00 P.M.

    Which two actions should you perform in orderto resume the nightly backups
    by using the
    AutoBack scheduled task? (Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
    Choose two.)
    A. Unlock the NightBackup user account.
    B. Enable the NightBackup user account.
    C. One the properties sheet for the AutoBack. Job scheduled task, reset the
    password.
    D. Reset the password for the NightBackup user account.
    E. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
    account the Logon
    locally right.
    F. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
    account the Logon as a
    service right.

    Answer: C, D
    Explanation: The question states that the backup program ran successfully
    for four weeks,
    which is more or less 30 days. Because of the password expiration being 30
    days, the
    passwords listed in C and D has to be reset.

    Tim Moor, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Tim Moor

    MitchS Guest

    "Tim Moor" <> wrote in message
    > dear mcse-gurus,
    > i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree
    > with
    > the answer ??

    I would be more inclined to agree if the question had stated that someone
    changed the NightBackup password upon expiration. Had they not, the account
    would most likely be locked.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone." - F.

    MitchS, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Tim Moor

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > four weeks,
    >which is more or less 30 days

    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Tim Moor

    T-Bone Guest

    "Tim Moor" <> wrote
    > dear mcse-gurus,
    > i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree
    > with
    > the answer ??

    Same answer as when you multi posted this to the MCSA group... Yes.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Dec 5, 2005
  5. Tim Moor

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <43943247$>, says...
    > Subject: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this question
    > From: Tim Moor <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > dear mcse-gurus,
    > i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree with
    > the answer ??

    Yes, given the choices available C and D are the only way to resolve the
    issue. In reality, the backup account should be a local account, not a
    domain account, and should be set not to expire. Use a very long (30+
    characters) password and monitor the event log for logons from the
    service account that are not service type logons.

    Ben Smith, Dec 5, 2005
  6. RE: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this que

    I'd say: A and C.

    D: by resetting a user pwd does not automatically unlock the account.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?=, Dec 6, 2005
  7. Tim Moor

    Guest

    Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this que

    On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 06:16:02 -0800, "fmsmcse"
    <> wrote:

    >I'd say: A and C.
    >
    >D: by resetting a user pwd does not automatically unlock the account.
    >
    >"Tim Moor" wrote:
    >
    >> dear mcse-gurus,
    >> i have read this question / answer in a preparation guide. do you agree with
    >> the answer ??
    >>
    >> thanx alot
    >> tim
    >>
    >> You are the network administrator for northwind.com.
    >> On a windows Server 2003 computer named serverA, you use the backup program
    >> automatically back up eight servers. You use a schedule task named AutoBack.
    >> The task
    >> runs in the security context of a domain account named NightBackup.
    >> The Default Domain Policy Group Policy object (GPO) is configured with the
    >> following
    >> account policies settings:
    >>
    >> 1. Minimum password length: 8 characters
    >> 2. Password expiration: 30 days
    >> 3. Enforce password history: 12 passwords remembered
    >> 4. Account lockout threshold: 3 invalid logon attempts
    >> 5. Account lockout duration: 30 minutes
    >>
    >> The backup program runs successfully for four weeks. After four weeks, you
    >> notice that
    >> nightly backups no longer occur. A successful backup occurs when you log on
    >> the
    >> serverA with your own user account and perform a local backup. Your user
    >> account is
    >> member of the Domain Admins group.
    >> You want the AutoBack scheduled task to perform unattended backups every
    >> night at
    >> 11:00 P.M.
    >>
    >> Which two actions should you perform in orderto resume the nightly backups
    >> by using the
    >> AutoBack scheduled task? (Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
    >> Choose two.)
    >> A. Unlock the NightBackup user account.
    >> B. Enable the NightBackup user account.
    >> C. One the properties sheet for the AutoBack. Job scheduled task, reset the
    >> password.
    >> D. Reset the password for the NightBackup user account.
    >> E. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
    >> account the Logon
    >> locally right.
    >> F. Configure the local security policy on serverA to grant the service
    >> account the Logon as a
    >> service right.
    >>

    >> Answer: C, D
    >> Explanation: The question states that the backup program ran successfully
    >> for four weeks,
    >> which is more or less 30 days. Because of the password expiration being 30
    >> days, the
    >> passwords listed in C and D has to be reset.

    No, the practice test is correct IMO. The program is logging in under
    a user account. Unfortunately, services don't know how to reset a
    password. A regular user who hadn't changed their password in time
    will be forced to change their password before they see their desktop.

    The account isn't locked out, and it isn't disabled, they just have to
    change the password.

    The real-life answer would be to set the service account so that the
    password never expires. You can never afford to have a backup job not
    execute.

    , Dec 10, 2005
  8. Re: 70-292: can someone please verify / explain the answer to this

    Backup account password hs a default of 42 days.

    =?Utf-8?B?YnVlbmVya2VtcGVy?=, Dec 18, 2005