70-292 & 70-296

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Chris Kirk, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Chris Kirk

    Chris Kirk Guest

    here is the website that says August 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-292.asp

    that's all i know right now

    Windows Server 2003

    Chris Kirk, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Chris Kirk

    Jayce Evans Guest

    Thanks Chris

    I guessed that when I read the exam specs myself, but I would have thought
    MS would have an actual release date to both Prometric and VUE by now, or be
    providing the opportunity for existing 2000 MCSE's to sit beta tests, and
    August is getting really close.

    Even Measureup don't have a fully available subset of questions yet. They
    are only advertising for 70-291 with no CD or download available.

    None of the study guides/readiness reviews are due to be released even until
    September.

    Can anyone from MS traincert answer this question yet?

    Jayce Evans, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Chris Kirk

    Chris Kirk Guest

    as far as i heard Vue does not have a release date either
    i tried to help... LOL
    chris

    Chris Kirk, Jul 25, 2003
  4. As Andy Ruth has posted previously here, these 2 tests will not be beta
    tested. The questions for these 2 tests will come from the 70-290, 70-291
    for 70-292 and from 70-293, 70-294 for 70-296. The beta test period for
    these 4 tests will in June earlier this year. Exams 70-292 and 70-296 will
    be available live sometime in the fall around Aug or so. Andy can clarify if
    I missed something in this post.

    --
    Tom Helms

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Jul 25, 2003
  5. Chris Kirk

    chris kirk Guest

    i would suggest doing MCSE:security first since as i read
    on Microsoft.com in spring they will come out with an
    upgrade path for MCSE:security which might only be one test
    and you will have MCSE:security /2003..... a bit of a step
    up.
    that is my plan personally. i should have my MCSE security
    by then too so i can upgrade in this manner also. :)

    good luck
    Chris kirk

    timing right and know
    >which to do first, MCSE/2003 or MCSE/Sec.
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Jayce
    >
    >"Tom Helms [MSFT]" <> wrote in

    message
    >> As Andy Ruth has posted previously here, these 2

    tests will not be
    >beta
    >> tested. The questions for these 2 tests will come from

    the 70-290, 70-291
    >> for 70-292 and from 70-293, 70-294 for 70-296. The beta

    test period for
    >> these 4 tests will in June earlier this year. Exams 70-

    292 and 70-296 will
    >> be available live sometime in the fall around Aug or

    so. Andy can clarify
    >if
    >> I missed something in this post.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Tom Helms
    >>

    >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

    and confers no
    >rights.
    >> "Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This

    alias is for

    chris kirk, Jul 25, 2003