70-292 & 70-296 - Which books?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Daz N, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Daz N

    Daz N Guest

    Hi,

    I have passed my NT4 MCSE and Windows 2000 MCSE and I think it's time to
    take these two exams and go for the 2003 MCSE.

    I notice there's sets of books on Amazon and I'd like some advice on which
    ones are the best? I've used Exam Cram before and always found them very
    good. But I also believe the "Dan DiNicolo" on Microsoft official press are
    good too?

    Any suggestions?

    Book Set 1
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...31810-0029232?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

    Mcsa/Mcse Windows 2003 Upgrade Study Guide (70-292 and 70-296)
    Lisa Donald, Anil Desai, Matthew James Chellis, Matthew Sheltz, Anil Deesai,
    Suzan Rupp

    Book Set 2
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...31810-0029232?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 Upgrade: Exams 70-292, 70-296 (Exam Cram 2 S.)
    Ed Tittel (Editor)

    Book Set 3
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...31810-0029232?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-292 and 70-296): Upgrading Your
    Certification to Microsoft® Windows Server¿ 2003
    Dan DiNicolo

    Daz N, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Daz N

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Daz N" <darren.nicholl(AT)zen.co.uk> say in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have passed my NT4 MCSE and Windows 2000 MCSE and I think it's time
    > to take these two exams and go for the 2003 MCSE.
    >
    > I notice there's sets of books on Amazon and I'd like some advice on
    > which ones are the best? I've used Exam Cram before and always found
    > them very good. But I also believe the "Dan DiNicolo" on Microsoft
    > official press are good too?
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Book Set 1
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782142672/ref=ord_cart_shr/02
    > 6-4031810-0029232?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    >
    > Mcsa/Mcse Windows 2003 Upgrade Study Guide (70-292 and 70-296)
    > Lisa Donald, Anil Desai, Matthew James Chellis, Matthew Sheltz, Anil
    > Deesai, Suzan Rupp
    >

    > Book Set 2
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789731169/ref=ord_cart_shr/02
    > 6-4031810-0029232?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE MCSA/MCSE Windows
    > Server 2003 Upgrade: Exams 70-292, 70-296 (Exam Cram 2 S.) Ed Tittel
    > (Editor)
    >

    > Book Set 3
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735619719/ref=ord_cart_shr/02
    > 6-4031810-0029232?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE MCSA/MCSE
    > Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-292 and 70-296): Upgrading Your
    > Certification to Microsoft® Windows Server¿ 2003 Dan DiNicolo

    I didn't use any books as there were none when I wrote the exams. Grab the
    "Skills being measured" section from the MS site
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-296.asp#SKILLS) and grab some
    white papers to explain, then practice for a week and go write the tests...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Along with Neil's reference, go to
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/techref/en-us/default.asp
    as well, it's a fantastic source.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    > did you hear "Daz N" <darren.nicholl(AT)zen.co.uk> say in
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have passed my NT4 MCSE and Windows 2000 MCSE and I think it's time
    > > to take these two exams and go for the 2003 MCSE.

    <snip>

    Wayne McGlinn, Nov 30, 2004
  4. I'm a fan of the Exam Cram 2's, good choice. My MCSA upgrade is out of the
    way (Hopefully upgraded to MCSE by Christmas). I have also found the
    Microsoft Press book particularly useful especially for the senarios. ISBN:
    0-7356-1971-9 I think it is about £40 or $70.

    Good luck with the upgrade

    Monty

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHk=?=, Nov 30, 2004